Memphis BBQ

Balony

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I will be traveling to Memphis for vacation this week, wife said it will not be a "BBQ Vacation" LOL, we will have to eat though :)

Any suggestions on places to eat or things to do in Memphis? Maybe any good bbq stores there?

:clap2:

That's what my fiance told me about my road trip through Georgia and Charleston. I still managed 3 BBQ lunches in 2 days!

Going to Memphis, how can one NOT eat BBQ at least once?

CD

Buy your wifey this book...

3062932-L.jpg

Good-Wives-01.jpg

Most of the local brethren will recommend Central , Germantown Commissary and Cozy Corner for cornish hens. Other good places are the Rendezvous, Payne's, the BBQ Shack, Interstate, and Leonards. I have never had decent bbq on Beale st btw. Others can maybe help out there.

Certainly drop by Beale St for the spectacle. See some ducks at the Peabody. Do hit up Gus' fried chicken. Get BBQ (the many Memphis BBQ threads are pretty much spot on). And my personal favorite, also a spectacle, check out the "Statue of Liberation..." which is a gigantic replica of the Statue of Liberty (not as big as the real thing of course) sitting in the front lawn of a church. Instead of a torch, the lady is holding a cross. Google it for directions.

Have a great trip!

T

Thanks for the advice guys...i definitely want to try rendezvous ribs and Leonard's as i have heard great things about them.

Guss's Fried chicken. A must eat for lunch. And also it doesnt get a hit against your BBQ quota

Back