The after effects of a Fatty...

humdogj

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
are not fun. I think I made my first and last Fatty (unless someone can convince me otherwise). The whole thing was pretty rich, and fatty of course, so I couldn't eat too much. But it's not so much that that bothered me. It's all the burping throughout the day that constantly reminds me that I ate a Fatty....the breath smells, and frankly, I wonder if whoever I cook it for would hate me because it would be affecting them too!:tape:

Maybe I need to try my brat Fatty and see what that does to me.

Daggum...what did you put in it???

I eat mine usually with eggs and toast, and the toast soaks up alot of it for me, or it seems to anyway. Anytime I eat greasy food, I try to make sure I get a bread in there.

You know...they say burps are a compliment :clap2: So don't give up on them just yet!!

Jalon

It consisted of ham, diced jalapenos, diced gr. & red peppers, and cheese. I ate it with toast.

Jeepers Crumps the pain!!!! j/k.....the Smell!!!!!

Didn't know that about burps and compliments...

Did you make a JD like sausage Phatty or did you made your own from scratch?

Next time try just a pure naked fatty. Take the chub out of the package, give it a dusting of rub and smoke. If you don't have problems with sausage in general then you should be ok. Looks like you added several ingredients that can also make you gassy so perhaps you compounded the problem. :becky:

Phubar - It was a JD sausage fatty. Regular, not Hot.

deguerre - I don't have a problem (I think) with sausage in general, but I'm not sure. You talked me into it. :p I'll attempt one more naked fatty in the future to see if it's the sausauge I'm burpy/gasseous to.

I, too, made my first fatty this weekend. Not good. I didn't have the guttural after affects, but didn't really enjoy it the way I thought I would. I wrapped mine in bacon, and the bacon was the best tasting that I've ever had. The sausage, though, was a bit much. I'm not ready to give up, yet. I usually have to torture the family 3 or 4 times, and get them threatening to move out before I change course.

they are definitely rich, but I don't eat the same quantity of fatty as I would brisket, chicken, pork, etc. To me, it's more of a little side treat that we cut up and everybody gets a slice. My favorite is having it with eggs for breakfast, though!

they are definitely rich, but I don't eat the same quantity of fatty as I would brisket, chicken, pork, etc. To me, it's more of a little side treat that we cut up and everybody gets a slice. My favorite is having it with eggs for breakfast, though!

Bingo.

I much prefer making fatties out of homemade sausage - the store bought stuff is a little rich for me. I like 'em nekkid and they're great on a biscuit.

I stuff my fatty with country style hashbrowns and 4 cheese mexican blend ~ no extra seasoning as I think the sausage is spicy enough. I serve it like I would regular sausage patties and I've had no complaints to date. Try it with pancakes or french toast ~ yummy!

We have a nice local butcher's market that I should go and get some pork sausauge from. I wonder how that would compare to the grocery store stuff.

We have a nice local butcher's market that I should go and get some pork sausauge from. I wonder how that would compare to the grocery store stuff.

I would bet a huge amount of money that what you'd get from the butcher's market will be far, far superior to what you'd get at the grocery store.

I've made many, never had that problem. Eggs in general can do that to me, so I don't eat that many eggs. I'd try again with different ingreedients. We make our with hash browns, onion, green pepper, jalapenos. Made 1 with pulled pork in the middle, but I couldn't tell it made it better.

Next time try just a pure naked fatty. Take the chub out of the package, give it a dusting of rub and smoke. If you don't have problems with sausage in general then you should be ok. :becky:

And you can flatten the chub to help the fat drain a bit more.
Smash it down so it is half as tall and the middle won't be as dripping with fat.
Gives you more surface area too.

ive only made one. it was great. but as syndicate said above, i made a nice big fatty for like 10 people and we just sliced it up and each had a slice... ok ok maybe i had 2! :laugh:

are not fun. I think I made my first and last Fatty (unless someone can convince me otherwise). The whole thing was pretty rich, and fatty of course, so I couldn't eat too much. But it's not so much that that bothered me. It's all the burping throughout the day that constantly reminds me that I ate a Fatty....the breath smells, and frankly, I wonder if whoever I cook it for would hate me because it would be affecting them too!:tape:

Maybe I need to try my brat Fatty and see what that does to me.

:crazy:

Well it didn't get the name "FATTY" for it's leaness! I think you made prefect. Just don't eat 3/4 of it next time. Savor the flavor!

Back