Boulder CO

Gore

Phizzy

Batch Image
Reaction score
Have to be in Boulder in a few weeks and might be able to free myself for a meal. Anyone have any recommendations?

Don't know if its still there or not but Daddy Bruce's' was is excellent. Even named a street after him in Denver. Long story.

Last edited:
Thanks, Bigdog! Went to Efrains and it was fabulous. I couldn't decide what to get and finally went with the chicken chimichanga. I grew up in Tucson and this is the food I remember growing up with that is hard to find now, except it was just a bit more picante (but not close to what I ate in New Mexico). At least when I've visited Tucson lately, the food has changed and I find it disappointing. The only disappointing thing in this meal was that they put some vinegar sauce on the shredded lettuce and it was too sour for me to eat. I also begged them to throw in half an order of ribs, but they wouldn't do that either. I don't know if I'll have a chance to go back this trip, but it is one of the best restaurants I've been to in a long time. Incidentally, it is a dark, rainy Wednesday night. Efrains closes at 9:00pm. At 8:30pm, when I left, there were still 8 people at the door waiting for tables.

Glad you enjoyed it, but did you try the green chili? I buy it by the quart to take home with me.

Also, we always go the the origional one in Longmont. Worth the drive.:cool:

Don't know if its still there or not but Daddy Bruce's' was is excellent. Even named a street after him in Denver. Long story.

I've tried a few times to eat there, but it's always been closed in the evenings I've gone. It's a pity, because it's just a short walk from where I'm staying. I'll check again this trip if I have time.

Glad you enjoyed it, but did you try the green chili? I buy it by the quart to take home with me.

Also, we always go the the origional one in Longmont. Worth the drive.:cool:

It was poured over the chimichanga, not enough, but it was nice. Did not make it to Longmont. Just followed the map on the link you gave me.

I just order a large bowl of it and chow down. It has large chunks of pork in it too. (plus it does a great job of cleaning out my colon) ;)

Last edited:
I'm usually there once or twice a year. Thanks!

Back