Apple bacon salsa what do you think?

Rubmybutt

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have been pondering the thought of making this, my wife says go find a recipt, I haven't found one soooooooooooo I'm going out on my own on this one.

Last nite we whipped up our fourth batch of salsa and with 65 tomato plant running at full speed there will be more salsa soon, lots more. We also buy this bacon at Sam's that is pre cooked, for lunch BLT's it's real handy, just nuke it for 30 seconds and make a sandwich so last nite I took a pint of just cooked salsa and 10 strips of this bacon, nuked it and sliced it up real thin, put it in the jar, shook it up real good to break the bacon apart and filled the jar with salsa, I will try it Wed. nite when we get back from Des Moines. I can't imagine that it could be bad, hell bacon would make a spare tire taste great:becky:

Now here's the big plan, if this salsa is good I went to a small locker not far from us and bought a good supply of his apple bacon as he does real well, 1st 2nd or 3rd every year at the Iowa state fair and the Iowa pork producers get together so it's as good as we can get. I'll half cook the bacon, trim what little fat is left and put it right in the big pot as we start making the batch as to get as much taste into the mix as possible.

My thoughts are that your half way to making a great summer time sandwich, a little mayo, helmans, whatever and two slices of you favorite toast and you got a great sandwich, with smoke!!!:thumb:

What do you think? And prons will be coming.

Never thought of that. With my wife's salsa and my bacon it has to be good. Thanks

Back