• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Just started a brisket, temp rising too quick??

BBQDOUBLEA

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
it's been on for just over an hour, with the dome at 240ish, and the meat is already at 110 internal. I thought maybe my probe wasn't in the right spot...re-insterted in two diff spots making sure I hit the middle/middle...no change in temp. It's about a 10lb brisket. Is something wrong here? ....just go with it?

update...it's not been on for two hours and it's at 130

Yes, just go with it, and stop lookin'! If you're lookin' you're not cookin'!

Wait till you hit the stall, you will really go crazy. But fear not, this too will pass.

what in the world would possess you to check IT at an hour in?

like said, no peeky!

yeah, the stall's gonna really get your goat!

What they all said gave be a big s*** eating grin. Stop peeking, have a wobbly pop or three, and when the meat sizzling sound calms down, it's getting close. That will be a while though.

Don't go by temp, probe the largest part of the flat for tenderness, then and only then will it be "done". And stop sticking a thermo into your meat till it's close to being done.

FYI, if your meat doesn't start making a sizzling sound, it's probably cooking at too low of a temp.

I concur with all the advice given above... and Time is your friend... Friend:becky: just enjoy the low stress involved while smoking:thumb: SMoke on Brother!!!

Back