MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-16-2005, 05:40 PM   #1
Hoorenga
is one Smokin' Farker

Default On the road again!

Looks like I may get my Bandera after all. I'm going to be flying to West Palm Beach with my wife in June and driving her elderly parents, in their two cars, back up to their summer home in Wheeling, West Virginia. From there I will be catching a hop over to Newport Rhode Island for my daughter in law's wedding and visiting my 104 year old (yes you heard it right) Aunt. I figure some where along the way I should be able to pick up a Bandera and have the inlaws ship it back for me. Where there is a will there is a way but Will died a while back so now I say "where there is a Hoo there is a way".

Hoo

It was a brave man who first ate an oyster.
Brinkman Stillwater Limited, Great Outdoors Vertical charcoal.
Hoorenga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2005, 06:37 PM   #2
icemn62
Babbling Farker

Now that is determination.

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
icemn62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2005, 06:48 PM   #3
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Bandera weighs in at close to 300 lbs... best check freight coasts from east to west. May be the same as having one sent from charbroil.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2005, 07:00 PM   #4
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Phil's back! Phil's back!!

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2005, 07:47 PM   #5
Hoorenga
is one Smokin' Farker

300 Lbs! That's a lot of cooker. I'm suprised. I would have figured it at around 100 lbs but I've never actually seen one. I'm impressed. I think my Triumph 650 didn't weigh much more than that. Sombeach. Don't suppose I could get in on the plane as extra lugage? Overhead compartment? "Any strangers give you a package to take on the plane sir?" "Well come to think of it, I didn't know the guy who sold me this 300 lb piece of steel". "Come with me son".

Old 04-17-2005, 08:33 AM   #6
Arlin_MacRae
somebody shut me the fark up.

ROFL

Yeah, she's a big'n, Hoo. Good luck man. Maybe you can rent a tiny U-Haul trailor or something.

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 10:54 AM   #7
hafast
Got Wood.

Just find yourself an Academy sports. Didn't look up locations, but they're mainly in the south. Bandera's run about $190.00. Good luck!

Bradley Smoker
Landmann BlackDog 45
hafast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2005, 05:55 PM   #8
Hoorenga
is one Smokin' Farker

"Yeah, she's a big'n, Hoo. Good luck man. Maybe you can rent a tiny U-Haul trailor or something."

Heck, I'll just put it together and put a towing rig on the puppy! Or do the motor mod and drive it home. I may be rethinking this again. If it does weigh 300 pounds then the offer from the manufacturer to ship me one for $325 actually doesn't sound all that bad.

Old 04-17-2005, 06:57 PM   #9
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Name/Nickname : Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoorenga
"Yeah, she's a big'n, Hoo. Good luck man. Maybe you can rent a tiny U-Haul trailor or something."

Heck, I'll just put it together and put a towing rig on the puppy! Or do the motor mod and drive it home. I may be rethinking this again. If it does weigh 300 pounds then the offer from the manufacturer to ship me one for $325 actually doesn't sound all that bad.
Hoo-
I paid $285 plus tax for mine and was happy to get it
$325 ain't bad--and you will get every penny's worth of service from it.

If I remember correctly--245 pounds in the box.
Had to open and unpack on the trailer--could not off-load

TIM