Ribs, ribs, ribs....

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Dropped by BJ's wholesale yesterday and picked up 2 racks of spares and 2 packs of beef short ribs. Beef ribs are becomming our favorites - someone said it best - brisket on a stick - YUM!!!!

LOVE me some ribs. I've done beef ribs twice now and I have to say that I think I prefer pork ribs. The beefs are good, but a LOT of fat. Beef fat is just not nearly as good as pork fat. Kinda makes em greasy.

Not that I'm done trying or anything.......:roll::heh:

i need to try the beef ribs sounds good how about some pron showing what ya have

Beef ribs

If they were greasy, you might try wrapping in foil after smoking. Add some apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon or so of rub. Let 'em braise in a real slow oven (200 degrees). That will render the fat a out. A good bark is essential though!

the Pron....

Started off with some nice looking ribs...
DSC_0251-1.jpg

Beef sitting on the pork...
DSC_0250.jpg

Everything rubbed down and happy...
Some of the beef ribs with Todd's Dirt
DSC_0252.jpg

The Pork and the rest of the Beef with Simply Marvelous Cherry - my go-to rub for pretty much everything right now..
DSC_0253.jpg

The pork ribs are done...
Sorry - no fancy plating.
DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0259-1.jpg

Big Al said these are some of the best we have done to date and he has been drooling over the beef ribs, but they have a ways to go yet.
DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

It amazes me how much the beef ribs shrink up -
Thanks for looking....

Man those look good. Who needs fancy plating. You can beat a big pile of meat. :hungry:

I wish I could find some of those beef ribs around here.

Back