Burgers in 100 degree heat

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
So at 5:00pm when I started dinner the weather lady said it had just hit 100 farking degrees with a heat index of 113!:flame: Well, I'll be damned, so that farker Al Gore was RIGHT about this farking Global Warming crapola after all!:doh: Then again, it is July, and it's normal for the Kansas City area to hit 100 degrees in the summer, and we have many heat waves on record going way back in history. Still though, I'll bet just about anything that farker is going to be on the news somewhere saying "I told you so!".:crazy:

This is a pan of Baked Beans and some Bacon.
r_IMG_0795.jpg

After the beans got good and bubbly for a while I took them off to cool a bit and thicken while I cooked up some burgers. The bacon is looking about done.
r_IMG_0802.jpg

I tossed some Havarti Cheese on the Burgers and put on a pan of some Mozzerella Bread Thingies my wife picked up from the frozen food section. She wanted these tonight, and since the grill is going there's no sense in turning on the oven to heat the house up.
r_IMG_0808.jpg

I tossed on some Haricot Verts to heat up real quick like over direct heat. Yeah, that's right, I decided I wanted Green Beans to go with my Baked Beans, you got a problem with that?:mad:
r_IMG_0812.jpg

Here's the Burger on a slice of Whole Wheat (to keep me regular) with some Special Sauce, bacon on the side ready to be either applied to the burger or eaten as a side (however I ultimately decided they would be eaten tonight), with the Haricot Verts and the Baked Beans.
r_IMG_0816.jpg

There isn't any left. And I decided that two slices of bacon went on the burger, and the other slice got eaten as a snack.

That looks mighty tasty.

You know that using coals is contributing to global warming. Hell I have enough gas coming out of me right now to open the ozone and bring Kansas up another 6°:becky: And Im in Kalifornia

But really that looks so good.:thumb:

Biggie... Seeing that grub and those pics makes me wanna quit cooking for my fam and throw the Polaroid in the trash. If I would have know that living in KS and grilling in that heat index would produce those results, I would gladly give up the 65 degrees here start all over ... :heh:

French beans? You mixed French and American beans and a burger? Well, it looks like a great dinner none the less.
Well, I'm pretty sure they are Great Northern beans, which would make them Canadian I suppose, which fits well with the whole French thing. I used a Danish cheese though. My wife had those Mozzerella Bites which are Italian. So I guess this was International Cuisine.

French beans? You mixed French and American beans and a burger? Well, it looks like a great dinner none the less.

For a while they were also known as Freedom (aka French) beans, but it seems that like the end result of American beans, that has "passed" as well...

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Hot and Fast!!" Get em on, get em done, get em off, get ur arse inside! :heh: Looks damn good!

Cheers

Farken Hell Chris... I thought you were all just farken around all the time...:shocked:

You actually cook BBQ????:confused:

That's really farken good... :thumb: You know... maybe you should post more threads of your Q and stop clowning around so much...:tape::heh:

Cheers!

Bill

Good size burgers, and I like the skewered bacon. Never did that, but like the texture of the folds.

Back