What do you search for on cl ?

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
I'm kind of addicted to searching CL for items that I have interest in. I'm not looking to buy, well maybe I will. I just like to see what it being put up for sale. Maybe I will find the "bargain of the year".

If you search CL what do you search for?

To list a few of my searches, I look for:
weber, BBQ, grill, log, firewood, drum, barrel, snapper, riding mower, wanted, etc ...

I usually check out the sections to see what is on there. If I am looking for something specific I will use the search function. I never know what I am looking for until I see it.

I agree, CL is awesome .I search for everything associated with cooking, in addition to masonry terms and such. Buddy bought some glassblocks for $1 a piece that should have been $5 each for a big picture window I did for him. Deals always to be had.

brickie

HA!!! I JUST came from CL and was doing my normal "search"!

My searches are usually:

"BBQ smoker"
"Charcoal smoker"
"Charcoal grill"
"Weber Grill"
"Canopy"
"EZ-UP" (I've bought 3 - 10x10 canopies, new in the original box, for $50 so far)

If I plan to buy ANYTHING, I always search CL first. I've bought a freezer, grills, smokers, a 47" LCD TV, DVD players, stereo, speakers, Wii video games, bicycles (for the kids), TONS of stuff.

My name's Kempis and I have a Craigslist problem....:becky:

I use search tempest which is much easier than CL's search engine. Some of the things I search for are...
BBQ Smoker
Barbecue
Weber
Grill
BBQ Pit
Towable kit
Restaurant equipment
Cambro
Santa Maria
Women with...:tape: I better keep it clean since this is posted in Q talk :mrgreen:

I have an app on my android phone that searches CL for keywords. Currently I am not really looking for anything specific but I do like to check for good deals. I currently have it scanning for:

Compressor
Smoker
Weber
Utility Trailer

I also set the price min and max to weed out all the postings for cars and such that include "non-smoker".

I have an app on my android phone that searches CL for keywords. Currently I am not really looking for anything specific but I do like to check for good deals. I currently have it scanning for:

Compressor
Smoker
Weber
Utility Trailer

I also set the price min and max to weed out all the postings for cars and such that include "non-smoker".

What's the app you're using?

What is this "Tempest" thing? Tell me more.
It's a website that has search tools and filters to make searching CL easier. You can set the distance from your area for the item you are after anywhere from a 250 mile radius up to 3000 miles from your location. All you need to do is enter the item and your zip code and there is no software to download.

If you google craigslist search engines you will find search tempest's link as well as several other websites that offer similar tools.

drum
food grade
cast iron
webber
weber
smoker
weber smoker

You should always include the misspelled Webber in your searches. If they are selling a Weber how smart can they be? Both my red kettle, and my blue one were advertised as Webber kettles, and both sellers "upgraded" to gas.

BBQ, barbecue, barbeque, grill, weber, webber, green egg, kamado, kamodo.

Alternate spellings and typos do give some surprise finds every once in a while.

If you are searching for Weber you should always search for Webber too. People can't spell..

and I'd go ahead and broaden the search to include the words Egg and Green... ;)

I'll search

Egg
Smoker
Weber
Webber
Grill

Back