16 hour Butts!!(left over questions also)

J

jv_stl

I did two 9# butts on UDS for sixteen hours and then placeed in cooler for 2.5 hours. One of the Butts was for me another was for a buddy who has not expericend my new found talents and toy!!!

I took my out of cooler placed on cutting board and pressed with down with large fork and shredded on its own. I made a litte N.C. BBQ sauce and mixed it with some Blues Hog to serve on top for sammies.

I think my buddy has sent seraval texts saying he can't believe what he just ate!!

I think I would like to make some tamales with the left overs. I will do a search for some recipes, but any most dos or tips ? Do you think this could be made and froze.

Has any one used the left over pork for a Gumbo? I was thinking of smoking a sausge and I also have some frozen smoked chicken left overs. I would love to make some gumbo with all of it for the week.

Leftover pork can be used for just about anything. You are only limited by your imagination. Tamales are a great start. You can also do chili, nachos, pizza, on and on, I'll let others fill in some more blanks. You're about to get a LOT of ideas.

My sons all time favorite thing to do with pulled pork it heat it up in a pan and then mix about 5 scrambled eggs into it for his breakfast. Have to say it is pretty good.

Just made pulled pork quesadillas tonight, quick and EASY. Balances out the 9 hours it took to make the pork! :cool:
Butter a fresh tortilla lay it down in a pan... put some mexicheese on it, pork, more cheese, another tortilla, flip when starting to brown, cook other side till same. Yummm.

Just made pulled pork quesadillas tonight, quick and EASY. Balances out the 9 hours it took to make the pork! :cool:
Butter a fresh tortilla lay it down in a pan... put some mexicheese on it, pork, more cheese, another tortilla, flip when starting to brown, cook other side till same. Yummm.

my fav:clap2:

Back