THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Recently, I've been made aware by my doctor :)rolleyes:) that I should be living healthier, if I intend to enjoy being alive longer. :crazy:
Now, don't get me wrong, we eat plenty of lean meats and whole grains in our house but, I also have a weakness for pig fat. So, this means I have to cut back on the Scotch Eggs, Fatties, Bacon wrapped, and Bacon stuffed things. :cry:
Because of my new "healthier" kick. I figured I would share a couple of the things I made last week.
Fajitas!
003.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

009-3.jpg

The dark pieces of meat were dark meat chicken... from a cow. :tsk:
Okay, I made sure to only have one of the beef fajitas but, it was lean beef! :boxing: Mine were rather scaled back with a lack of sour cream and barely any cheese but, the veggies and meat totally rocked this meal.

Applewood smoked/grilled Chicken Alfredo with Whole Grain Penne.
016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

019-2.jpg

The chicken was supposed to be initially grilled but, I was having some charcoal issues so it ended up getting smoked with a bit of grilling at the end. The Alfredo sauce was not a "light" version but, it was used very sparingly. This was a great meal. The funny thing about it is that I made it but we had to leave for my daughter's soccer practice. I quick dumped the plates into mugs and through the green beans on top of the pasta. It tasted awesome and I got my kids to eat all their veggies without complaining. :thumb:
The battle of the "new healthier me" shall continue but, if it always tastes this good, I could get used to it. :becky:

Back