Need some help on a wildhog

pigwacker

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Any recommendations for BBQing a hind quarter from a 150 lbs wild hog? I was thinking of putting a rub on and throwing it on the UDS for an overnight visit. Anybody have any experience with smokin quarters of wildhog?? thanks

Wild hog = feral pig, it may be a little leaner I would cook it as a regular hog.

I just did a 150 pounder for my neighbor, we cut it up and soaked it in ice water for three days and then rubbed it simply marvelous and smoked the parts for about 12 hours, two webers and the egg handled it all.

Yup cook it as reg. pork but it's so much sweeter. Smoked it x2 and it is so much better than reg. pork

expatpig - I would say this one has some Russian in her. The snout was a little longer, the tail was long and straight. Or is that just a feral hog, no matter, just gotta figure out how to fix her.

Last edited:
I just did a 150 pounder for my neighbor, we cut it up and soaked it in ice water for three days and then rubbed it simply marvelous and smoked the parts for about 12 hours, two webers and the egg handled it all.

Aquablue22 - What does the ice water soak do? How much of the fat do you trim off, what about the silverskin, do you trim that as well?

Chris

Back