• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Leg extensions for pop-up canopy

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that we have the Toy Hauler I am planning on using the ramp as a cooking platform and I'd like to be able to put our pop-up canopy (Under Cover brand) over the cookers and the ramp. This means that it needs to be taller. Has anyone seen leg extensions got these things?

Ron, talk to Ford. He made extensions for his canopy for the same type of set up.

Ron, I have seen Fords maybe he can post a pic. If the guy pics up my salmon rig this week I most likely will be makin a set or two for my self.I can maybe do an extra set.

I also cook off the back of my toyhauler. I tried the ez-up cover and found one huge issue...it dumps rain on all sides. That means it dumps rain into the opening of your TH.
I saw a couple teams with an awning that attaches to the trailer and got one of those. Called the Outback awning by Carefree of Colorado. Works fantastic and was easy to install.
Be sure to vent your smoke out from under it or the smoke will end up back into your TY.

Very nice! I missed that thread... Can't wait to see it at PoorQue. (your going right?)

We'll be there!

I also cook off the back of my toyhauler. I tried the ez-up cover and found one huge issue...it dumps rain on all sides. That means it dumps rain into the opening of your TH.
I saw a couple teams with an awning that attaches to the trailer and got one of those. Called the Outback awning by Carefree of Colorado. Works fantastic and was easy to install.
Be sure to vent your smoke out from under it or the smoke will end up back into your TY.

Oooo.... Good point, Rick. I wonder if having the side of the canopy that is away from the opening one notch lower would help with that.

How long ago did you buy the Outback Awning? I was looking at them online and found a link to the company that makes them for Carefree and their web site says that it was discontinued.

Well best I ever saw were PVC pipe filled with cement and put in bolts to attach the feet to. Dr Porkenstein made them. That way it has a fair weight to hold it down. Also bungee to the trailer sides. Make it tall enough to just get over the roof so the roof drip rail will stop you getting wet. And for rain you'll need 1 or 2 sides up.

Last edited:
Ron,
I got mine about 1 1/2 or 2 years ago. Try rvsupplywarehouse.com or toyboxcovers.com. Their websites still show but don't know if they are accurate. You can also see if your local rv dealer can order them...thats where I got mine.

we Raised our pop up tent over our smoker which is mounted on a trailer with PVC pipe extensions like the ones used to raise tables worked awesome

Thanks guys... I may start with extensions on the pop-up since i already have that, and then take my time looking for other choices.

Back