• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

LP gas-Propane Help

southernsmoker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Getting ready to install a pitco fryer in my trailer, anyone out there that can help with a tutorial in installing about 10 feet of plumbing from tank to appliance.
Should I route it under the floor and up, or route it inside, should I use iron pipe, copper or hose? Do I need only one regulator at the tank?

Is a 60lb tank large enough with a 105 thou btu's per hr rating?

I realize it should be inspected by a pro, but out here in the sticks, if ya need it done ya have to diy..

Thanks in advance

If it was mine, I would run iron pipe under the floor and stub it up threw the floor with a shut-off valve, then copper or flexible to the appliance.Connect copper to the regalator on the tank then to the iron pipe. Hope this helps.
Jim

Copper is the best as it will not get metal fatigue from the vibration of travelling the only thing one must do is blow the lines once in a while as the propane will make the copper flake with what looks like carbon plugging up your pilot lines and orifices

And as bad as this may sound if you cannot smell a leak use a lighter to check your joints it is not as dangerous as it seems and even the small leaks are appereant immediately

Back