Funeral Services for Rod Anderson

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Dawn and it looks like funeral services for Rod will be at 12:00 (noon) this Saturday at Hamilton's Funeral Home on Westown Parkway in Des Moines. http://www.hamiltonsfuneralhome.com/about_us/westown_parkway.aspx

A luncheoun will be held at Smokey D's after the services.

As with most things in life these plans are tentative. It will all be finalized this afternoon and I'll let you know if anything changes.
Peace,

Nate

Last edited:
Update - the services will be at Noon, not 11:00 am. I changed this in the OP as well.

I'll miss him. He's my nephew and helped me get started with my Green Egg last year. Now I don't know who to call to answer my questions. What a great, helpful giving person he was. Rod will be missed by so many.

I'll miss him. He's my nephew and helped me get started with my Green Egg last year. Now I don't know who to call to answer my questions. What a great, helpful giving person he was. Rod will be missed by so many.
He's around everytime you light your egg up, you know he's there watchin just makin sure the smoke is blue.
Dont hesitate one minute to get on here and ask a question. Theres always and I mean always someone here that will help. Once brethren always brethren always a brethren.

Rod was a friend, and I've got two eggs at home. Check your PMs and call any time.

I worked on getting up there. After some thought and looking at the bill, I decided that I would have made that trip for ME. Dawn and David have a much more pressing need and I'll make a personal donation instead.

I worked on getting up there. After some thought and looking at the bill, I decided that I would have made that trip for ME. Dawn and David have a much more pressing need and I'll make a personal donation instead.

I'm probably driving up from KC if you change your mind and that Mustang remembers its way to Kansas City.

I was looking forward to meeting the man behind the gun, but I can imagine a trip on short notice from TX would be tough to put together.

Rod will definitly be misssed, just a great person all around. The 72 crew will be there to pay our respects to our fallen brother. Thanks for the updates Monty.

It appears we won't be able to make the funeral (we have all 3 grandkids) but I have cleared my day for the fundraising. I sweet talked my old job out of some tool storage totes and handboxes for the auction.
Smoke on to eternity my freind.
Ed

Back