Spices to add to burger mixture?

Q-Salt on the outside(both sides)...just right amount of seasoning without over powering the burger mix. Last one was 50/50 brisket/sirloin. Have used on chuck as well.

I've been on the Q Salt train since getting my hands on it. The mushroom in the seasoning really brings out the beefiness of the burger and then has the perfect amount of pepperiness

For me, if the beef is good quality, then nothing but a bit of salt. I want to taste the burger!

Some salt and maybe a little pepper along with a nice crusty sear is about all a burger needs in my opinion. Let the meat shine through.
I have often had this very same question. How to make the burgers pop a little more? I have tried most all of the suggestions in this thread at one time or another.
In the end though, I'm with you. A little salt. A little pepper. And try hard to get that nice crusty sear.

Great Quote that may fix your problem/answer your question : "Hunger makes the best sauce".

Holy cow seasoning from meat church rub co
Also I add about 1 egg for every 2 lbs of meat when I home grind, make patties and refrigerate for a couple hours and they never fall apart

I'm a salt/pepper/garlic man myself. If I want to goose the flavor I add stuff on top of the burger, not into the mix.

1 Tablespoon Duke's Mayo per 1lb hamburger. The mayo makes the burger much more juicy without changing the flavor.

If you want to get crazy, I have added a teaspoon of Fish sauce. It is truly amazing how something that smells like a wet dog, can make beef taste beefier.

K-I-S-S S&P

But, since the door has been breached...

Use to mix finely diced onion in. Not necessary.

Worcestershire? Sounds more like a meatloaf mix. But if you insist on Worcestershire, please use Wizard's and not that kerosene called Lea & Perrins.

Call me quirky....very fussy about salt.

Fresh ground black pepper.

I have often had this very same question. How to make the burgers pop a little more? I have tried most all of the suggestions in this thread at one time or another.
In the end though, I'm with you. A little salt. A little pepper. And try hard to get that nice crusty sear.

Great Quote that may fix your problem/answer your question : "Hunger makes the best sauce".

Smash a patty on a griddle!

Weber Burger Seasoning
Montreal Steak
1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix blended in with some sprays of worcestshire sauce per 1# beef

Back