The "Fast Food" Throwdown Has Returned! Recreate Fast Food Faves for a Chance to Win Prizes by Big Poppa! Lasts Thru July 13th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
***NOTE: This thread is an announcement. Please post your entries HERE NOT in this Qtalk thread!***

Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Fast Food!"

6rRGNil.jpg

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

Pick any fast food restaurant food item, and make your own home made version! The fast food item can be from a chain, or even a local favorite.

You MUST include a picture of the original fast food item in your entry and/or cook thread. The original can be a photo you've taken, from an advertisement etc.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/26 through Monday 7/13.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 7/13.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please post your entries HERE NOT in this Qtalk thread![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Also, if you have not entered a Throwdown before, [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Our official prize sponsor for Q2 is Big Poppa Smokers who is awarding Throwdown winners a $50 Store credit PLUS a bunch of other great BBQ goodies - click here for details!

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
BPS_Classic_zpszvd1kxkd.jpg

Best of luck and even better eats to all!
[/FONT][/FONT]

I am going to assume, this throwdown does not need to be grilled, or smoked outdoors?

Per TD rules:

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]3. Entries must be grilled or smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots). Using a gas grill is perfectly acceptable, unless a particular category requires the use of a wood or charcoal cooker. Additionally, other forms of wood or gas cooking are fine, which would include a wood fired fireplace (indoor or outdoor), a firepit(gas or wood fired), and other gas/propane powered cookers like pizza ovens, flat tops, and griddles.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Per TD rules:

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]3. Entries must be grilled or smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients which you prepared. Photos of your food on the grill or smoker are encouraged but not required (we love action shots). Using a gas grill is perfectly acceptable, unless a particular category requires the use of a wood or charcoal cooker. Additionally, other forms of wood or gas cooking are fine, which would include a wood fired fireplace (indoor or outdoor), a firepit(gas or wood fired), and other gas/propane powered cookers like pizza ovens, flat tops, and griddles.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Thats why i mentioned it, but that leaves out pretty much every fast food joints except maybe dickies bbq.

Thats why i mentioned it, but that leaves out pretty much every fast food joints except maybe dickies bbq.

Not true. You can grill burgers on any number of cookers, and that's for starters. Sides like fries etc can be oven or stove cooked, if desired. Remember, the rules state: [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] must prominently feature grilled or smoked ingredients.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]It does not say ALL ingredients.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Have a look at the 2011 Fast Food Throwdown vote thread and read through some of the entries:[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119341[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hope this helps!
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Not at all, I've seen entries that have been cooked on griddles. Burger King flame broils, have seen McRibs entered, Chicago Char Dogs. I believe I've seen foods deep fried in a cast iron skillet on a grill entered in previous TD's. Look at Sako's burrito he just posted, I'll take that over a Taco Bell burrito any day.

LOTS of possibilities!

Slow bump (just got my coffee) for Fast Food

Good morning throwdown thread readers!

Back