Looking for Stick Burner in NW

mdjkwl

Name or Nickame
Mark
Good Afternoon BBQ Brethren!

I have been looking around for a stick burner for a bit. It has been a challenge finding anything around this area (NW) of decent quality and value. I currently own two Big Green Eggs (1 large 1 med). I am retired recently and live in a community where we may have an occasional gathering.

I almost pulled the trigger on a LSG 20x36 offset but the shipping cost ($700+) made that a no go for me. I recently ran across an older (2.5 yrs) M Grills M1 for sale on Craigslist for $1500 obo. It is the old model that is just over 2 years old. The thought of being able to use the firebox to sear off a steak or grill is appealing but not a requirement given I have the BGE's.

What are your thoughts? Are there better options for me in the NW?

Thanks for your help.

I have a friend in Portland that might be selling his LSG 20x36. It's always been kept in the garage and is in really good shape. Let me know if you are interested and I will ask him if is still thinking of selling it.

Hey Mark,
Welcome!

We have 5 acres in Packwood but it is an empty lot.

Have you checked Sam's NW BBQ? They are in Sherwood OR not far from Portland. I bought a Yoder there when I lived in Olympia

They also carry Meadow Creek

Here is a link to there website.

http://www.samsnwbbqco.com/

Good luck!

Nice to hear you have property nearby! I have checked out their website and saw they had a Cheyenne and a loaded Wichita. Don't think I want a 16" and the loaded Wichita is a bit more than I want to spend at $2499.

You may want to consider Horizon Smokers. You can get them through BassPro so the shipping is far less then other manufacturers. They similar to a Yoder, if I am not mistaken both Horizon and Yoder have roots in the original Oklahoma Joe.

Thank you for the recommendation! I have looked at Horizon via Bass Pro. They are definitely an option. My first option is now the LSG 20x36 that I may have an opportunity to get. If that doesn't work out then probably the Horizon 20" classic for $1350 + $150 shipping becomes number 1 if the price of the M1 doesn't come way down.

A Big Thank You!

Thank you mcyork28! Headed to the Portland area tomorrow to pick-up a gently used LSG 20x36! This is the pit I almost pulled the trigger on several months ago until I got to the shipping cost of $700+. I couldn't justify that shipping cost out of sheer principle and have been looking at alternatives ever since.

I do feel blessed and am looking forward to producing some great BBQ this weekend!

Glad it worked out. I know that smoker is in really good shape.

Thank you mcyork28! Headed to the Portland area tomorrow to pick-up a gently used LSG 20x36! This is the pit I almost pulled the trigger on several months ago until I got to the shipping cost of $700+. I couldn't justify that shipping cost out of sheer principle and have been looking at alternatives ever since.

I do feel blessed and am looking forward to producing some great BBQ this weekend!

Wow, very lucky. What did you end up getting it for? I'm getting in the market myself and have been keeping an eye on the used markets without much luck.

Back