Meadow Creek PR users

BB-Kuhn

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am looking into a Meadow creek PR model to use for well, a lot of things...

I want capacity to do a contest with one cooker (or at least MOST of the contest with one). The ability to do a small pig (the 42" is plenty of space, but I MIGHT go 60 since it's not THAT much more money). I'm currently lugging around 3 different ones and really hate it. I am only interested in a cooker I can use charcoal and wood with - no pellets, no gas, no pure-log setups.

The PR 42/60 seem really great, but i've been having trouble finding a few pieces of information about them...

How do these things work in cold/wet/windy weather? I don't mind if they use more fuel / go through it quicker but there are just some cookers out there that plain old hate it when it's not nice out.

Also, i have a hard time picturing metal thickness - does anybody have a good comparison as to the thickness of the steel that these are made of? Say, compared to a weber kettle's steel? A barrel? Thicker?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I would call meadow creek in New Holland and ask them or one of their dealers Meadow Creek makes really good products and have good customer service

Yeah, I've talked to them a bit - I was just hoping to get a personal experience with the cold/wind/rain part - Meadow Creek does admit it suffers but doesn't really elaborate on that.

Was just hoping that one of us could give me their $.02, that's all.

Back