• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Meadow Creek BX-50 is home....

firewolf

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Well, after a lot of research, phone calls, anticipation, and of course driving, my new BX-50 is home.

bx50-loaded_zps8f061bc1.jpg

Tom and the rest of the staff at Smoken Dudes bent over backwards for me after my 5 hours on the road to pick up the new cabinet. This thing is a lot heavier than other smokers of the same size. After narrowly surviving getting this thing off my truck with ramps, I decided that the next time I haul it anywhere, it will be with a trailer.

I love that everything slides out and is removable. I think this is going to make cleanup a snap.

bx50-open_zpsf822a00a.jpg

I am going to have a lot to learn, I have been exclusive to a stick burner for the last few years. So far all I have done is season it and throw some drums on at the end, but I have been very impressed.

IMG_20140315_123017_031_zps5eb2d6a8.jpg

I let it run a lot hotter than I would for a real cook to season it, and I noticed quite a temp difference between the top and the bottom... That is until I added water. Once the water went in, and I played with the draft, this thing just ran flat and steady with barely noticeable temp drift from top to bottom.

bx50-temp_zps62f2b1b6.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, it was cold and snowing with a 15-20 mph wind. So I just took them quickly with my phone.

I can't wait to get a real cook in, but for now, my boy was happy with some drums.

isaac-drum_zps90f8d7e3.jpg

Over all with temps around freezing, a steady wind, and around 15 lbs of lump, I was able to run 6 hours at over 400 before I dialed it down, and at the 10 or 11 hour mark, I was still holding around 250. I went to bed at that point so I will have better details after my first cook.

I have not hooked up the guru yet, I can't wait to see how much fun I can have with that.

I could go for some drums they are the best part of the chicken if you ask me

I really like the looks of that but 1 thing bothers me is Meadow creek paints the inside of their pits. With all the trouble we go through to remove liners from drums destin for duty as a UDS It makes me wonder. Sorry just thinking out loud, Good luck with it your son looks like he approves of the final product.

I really like the looks of that but 1 thing bothers me is Meadow creek paints the inside of their pits. With all the trouble we go through to remove liners from drums destin for duty as a UDS It makes me wonder. Sorry just thinking out loud, Good luck with it your son looks like he approves of the final product.

I was unsure of the primer in the pit as well, but after some thought and research, I went with it. I would not cook on it without a seasoning it well first though.

You can order one without the primer.

Back