Venison Backstrap With Wild Plum Sauce

Guess we have different definitions of fancy but that sure looks like a mighty fine breakfast to me.

Can't seem to do anything but chicken fry backstraps here (not that I'm complaining about that).
Thank you Charles! Chickenfried is pretty danged tasty too!
Hope all is well with you and family! I'm needing to make a trip to Fischer's meat market in Muenster, with a cooler or two. lol

Hard to beat a backstrap...

Those plums really bring back great memories. My mom made the best plum jelly. We go down to the river and pick plums with her as kids... She passed away a few years ago. We had an "inventory" of plum jelly which is now gone...

Keep up the good cooking' and livin'.

Thanks Kevin!
I'm sorry for your loss. I bet your mom's plum jelly was fantastic!
Hope you are doing well.

Beautiful breakfast Jeanie!

Thank you Jeremy! :grin:

That looks amazing like always!! I love all your camping cooks....oh heck I love all camping or not of your cooks. I’ll say this....if my wife cooked like you I’d need new pants weekly!! Haha

On a second note..sad to see your fishing hole covered with phragmites!!! That stuff is BAD up here in Indiana to and ruining lake after lake. Beach after beach!!

Happy Birthday!
lol Thanks for the kind comment.
Yes, the darned grass is taking over the lake. I always take a weed eater or something to chop a path to the water. I guess there is no way to kill the weeds off without doing unwanted damage? It would be nice to have the stuff gone!
So sorry to hear it's up there too!!

Looks amazing!
Great to see you out enjoying what you do best at your favorite fishing hole. :thumb:

Yep. Just some country clubs that membership is closed.
Can you just imagine that wild plum sauce/jelly? The venison?
The ambiance?

Back to reality. Wife wants me to take her to do a door drop to get a refund on some Capri pants at Kohl’s.

Time marches on. :laugh:

Looks amazing!
Great to see you out enjoying what you do best at your favorite fishing hole. :thumb:

Thank you Ray! :hug:
I feel blessed to live in the middle of nowhere. Hope you and family are doing well. Please stay safe, Friend! :grin:

Yep. Just some country clubs that membership is closed.
Can you just imagine that wild plum sauce/jelly? The venison?
The ambiance?

Back to reality. Wife wants me to take her to do a door drop to get a refund on some Capri pants at Kohl’s.

Time marches on. :laugh:

lol Thanks Adams! The plums really go well with the venison. I liked the bit of heat from the jalapeno too.
Good luck with your Kohl's adventure! Stay safe! :grin:

Remarkable cook! I can't think of anything better than a good meal, nice location and fishing! Maybe this Covid thing will get people out to nature ( since we have to be apart from each other), and discover, or rediscover, things many never knew or had forgotten about. We'll call it "Cowgirl Therapy".

Nothing fancy. Who are you kidding. Most people don’t eat that well at home let alone camping. Absolutely amazing. Very impressed that the trees not only grow those beautiful plums but jelly too :grin:

Jeanie,

WOW is that an awesome looking plate!! Btw.. I like you silverware :-D

picture.php
[/IMG]

Thanks for posting.

Greg

Remarkable cook! I can't think of anything better than a good meal, nice location and fishing! Maybe this Covid thing will get people out to nature ( since we have to be apart from each other), and discover, or rediscover, things many never knew or had forgotten about. We'll call it "Cowgirl Therapy".

Thanks Ron!
Hope you are able to get away and enjoy the "quiet". :grin:

That whole package is most excellent!

Dang it Blue, it's good to see ya! Hope everything is going well on your end of the country! Thanks. :grin:

Nothing fancy. Who are you kidding. Most people don’t eat that well at home let alone camping. Absolutely amazing. Very impressed that the trees not only grow those beautiful plums but jelly too :grin:
Thanks George! :laugh: Sure would save me some time if jelly grew on trees!

Jeanie,

WOW is that an awesome looking plate!! Btw.. I like you silverware :-D

picture.php
[/IMG]

Thanks for posting.

Greg

Thanks so much Greg, very kind of you!
That's my camping flatware. It's pretty sturdy. :grin:

Looking great as usual Neighbor!

Thanks Neighbor! Hope you're keeping safe out there!

Wow...truly next level on so many fronts. Technique, composition, scenery...all truly fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks fancy to me, Jeanie! :clap2: I'm guessing there are plenty of folks, myself included, who, if they could have anything they wanted for breakfast, would have that. Perfect meal and setting!

Still a place you love togo too and that's what counts. :wink:
Thanks Kevin! I enjoy being out there. :grin:

Wow...truly next level on so many fronts. Technique, composition, scenery...all truly fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Very kind of you. Thanks so much! I enjoyed your deck build pics, hope you post more when it's finished! :grin:

Oh Deer!

Great post and cook, Jeanie!

Thanks Greg! Hope you're keeping safe!

Looks fancy to me, Jeanie! :clap2: I'm guessing there are plenty of folks, myself included, who, if they could have anything they wanted for breakfast, would have that. Perfect meal and setting!
Thanks Greg! I'm pretty sure anything is fair game for breakfast, if you throw an egg on the plate. :laugh:
Hope all is going well on your end of the world!

Sandhill plums from NE Sandhills?

These are Oklahoma sandhill plums. They're pretty thick around here. :grin:

Back