Pros/Cons of stainless steel smoker interior

OP

Reaction score
I am planning on buying vertical smoker from Meadow Creek (BX50). There is this option for "Stainless Steel Interior" priced at $750.00.

Does stainless steel interior have any advantages/disadvantages? I would think it requires more care after each use?

I will be using this smoker mainly for backyard BBQ, not really competitions or catering. However, I am planning to have this smoker for the rest of my life (30-40 years) so I am considering all available options as the price is not the most critical factor.

Not worth it to me. If spend that on other options or another cooker. Can't imaging a well seasoned cooker rusting out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Only real disadvantages to stainless is weight and cost. It does not season, like steel. Which I am not convinced makes a difference. It is not like a cast iron skillet, where the food is in contact with the sides of the smoker. It will be easier to clean, and have a longer lifespan. I don't think I would pay $750 for the difference. Good steel, treated properly, will last a long, long time.

I am planning to have this smoker for the rest of my life (30-40 years) so I am considering all available options as the price is not the most critical factor.

I dont see any advantage. And I give you 5 years before you have your eye on something else.

I know someone who does comps with this cooker He has the stainless steal It cleans up easily. He also does very well very well at competitions It does add wait to a heavy cooker BTW they are awesome If I could justify it I would love to have one

My advice is get what you want and can afford.

I dont see any advantage. And I give you 5 years before you have your eye on something else.

Will see :) Smoking meat for last 4 years and so far I am getting more and more excited.

Back