High Plains Hot Chicken & Waffles - w/ Pr0N!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Last time we tried this was in March with a fun combination of recipes.

I continue to absolutely love Chef Ed Lee's chicken (poached first in an Adobo mixture). Here's the video from Mind of a Chef:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4ZkeajFPig"]Chef Edward Lee | Fried Chicken and Waffles - YouTube[/ame]

After the poaching and resting, CINCHOUSE puts together a gluten free mixture of flours, then uses Ludo Lefebvre's technique from his Ludo Bird restaurant.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT2J6Te2r8g"]Chef Ludo Lefebvre Makes His LudoBird Fried Chicken Sandwich[/ame]

cRhsTRth.jpg

The chicken rested a bit before a visit with the cast iron skillet and CINCHOUSE made a batch of gluten free waffles - somehow, still crispy and fluffy. She's amazing.

74atTJ2h.jpg

Time for a good flippety-flop in the skillet until the color looks good.

JNR3yl8h.jpg

Instead of using the traditional slurry of oil/lard + butter and spices, I wanted to try a dry application of spices:

3 teaspoons cayenne pepper (This is probably about a "Medium" on the spicy)
1 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons sugar

As soon as I pulled the chicken to drain, I hit each piece with the above spice mixture. When there wasn't quite enough moisture to "set" the spices on the crust, I spooned over a little of the liquid lard from the skillet to get it all to ease into the crust. Rest a minute. Flip the chicken. Apply spice (usually, this side has plenty of moisture)... rest. Drool.

bjl1VDTh.jpg

Gratuitous Close-Up:

abFzkvlh.jpg

Here's our gluttonous Sunday Night Dinner:

boQlxFLh.jpg

Oh. Mah. Gawd. I can stand to eat this like twice a year... and quickly before my arteries slam shut... but it sure does "eat right where you hold it." (as my Grandfather would say)

More info on the gluten free waffles please.

Try King Arthur All-Purpose Gluten Free Baking Mix - Recipe is on the back for Waffles & Pancakes. Boss said that we're out of milk, so she substituted coconut milk, and DID include the 1/2 tsp of good vanilla extract. - Give me a shout if you need a photo or something of the box (Blue with white writing).

Back