I made quiche. Don't tell anyone...

kevinstaggs

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was in the mood to try something new and the girls were sleeping in this morning so, at the risk of my Okie man card, I decided to make a quiche. This is problematic for a few reasons:
1. breakfast should be eaten between 5-8am. OK to eat earlier if you're hunting/fishing; otherwise, no exceptions, no variations
2. calling it brunch is completely out of the question
3. quiche is not an approved food in rural OK

Despite all of these good and reasonable red flags I proceeded any way.

I added to the offense list by adding spinach to the "egg pie," which contained Swiss, bacon, spinach and onions. Smoked it on the MAK @ 350F with some CookinPellets Hickory. It turned out like this:
w0QplV8l.jpg

It turned out pretty tasty if I say so myself. But, please Brethren, do not tell anyone. This is a confessional post. Your discretion is appreciated.

amEpMDll.jpg

Last edited:
That looks excellent.

I'd give you half of my man card for a piece or two of that for whatever meal you're serving up.

Also, Brunch isn't Brunch without some sort of alcoholic libation... mimosas, bloody marys... whatever. Otherwise, it's just "sad late breakfast."

Looks very tasty, top mine with some cheese
It had some Swiss "cooked into it" - forgot to list that in the original post (bc I'm stupid). Edited it so now its correct. You're right. The cheese is definitely a plus.

That looks excellent.

I'd give you half of my man card for a piece or two of that for whatever meal you're serving up.

Also, Brunch isn't Brunch without some sort of alcoholic libation... mimosas, bloody marys... whatever. Otherwise, it's just "sad late breakfast."
You're 100% on the brunch thing... I had a ZingZang Bloody Mary if that helps...

Shoot, that looks so good, you should tell everyone.
Ya'll are making me feel better about it, so I might work up the course to confess.

Absolutely! But you have to use Lumberjack pellets!

I'm pretty new to the pellet world. I haven't tried LumberJack - don't see it on the shelf in my neck of the woods. I've heard tons of good comments about it. Definitely on my list to try. If I can ask, what do you think is its strong points? TIA.

I think it's all good since you have bacon in there. Also stick with the "egg pie" moniker

We’re on the same page. Bacon + mocking the name has to help somehow.

Looks great Kevin!
One thing I've noticed. Real men cook and eat what ever they want....and they don't give a blank about whiners. :laugh: :cool:

Thanks. I know you’re right. Just trying to make sure I’m covered. :wink:

Looks mitee tastee to me.I often cook something very similar.I omit the pie crust and just smoke it in a CI skillet.I call it a baked egg pie and I get to keep my man card and masculinity. :cool: Your quiche looks delishious.

Back