Deep Dish Pizza

AKMIMNAK

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So, I had to cook this in the oven because of the 100-year snowstorm in Minneapolis last weekend, but I got the idea from Ballistic BBQ and used cast iron to bake it, so......it still counts, right???

It was a-May-sing (said with the Sous Vide Everything guys' accent). And I normally don't even like deep dish.....

Y'all check it!

Last edited:
Fine looking pie! Think that’s my next adventure in cast iron cooking.

Don't let Chicago know that you made that so perfect, they may not be that happy that an outsider knows their secrets.

This looks really good! How deep do you suppose would work best for this? Obviously, too deep, the crust won't get done but too short, i risk the chance to burn it.

Fine looking pie! Think that’s my next adventure in cast iron cooking.

The dough recipe that Ballistic BBQ passed along from some other site worked out really well. His short video on YouTube is worth a watch.

This looks really good! How deep do you suppose would work best for this? Obviously, too deep, the crust won't get done but too short, i risk the chance to burn it.

I wouldn't have gone any deeper than this standard lodge pan we have. The inside was piping hot and the crust was just brown. Also would never do it with raw meat like some thin crust pizzas feature.

Back