• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I had some Cochinita Pibil leftovers thawed out so I tried something different by using it on a pizza. I tried to use ingredients that the people of the Yucatan use a lot of. Corn, black bean, the Cochinita, cilantro, pickled red onion, and soft boiled eggs.
This morning I made up some pizza dough and some pickled red onions.

I gathered my ingredients and cut some corn off the cob.

I rolled out the 2nd half of the dough. I didn’t want the toppings to burn from being in to long so I precooked the crust a little (3 minutes) and then cooked it in stages.

Now I spread out some Mexican Creama as the sauce.

Corn and beans.

Cilantro

and then the Cochinita and the cheese.

Placed it back on the pizza stone and cooked it for another 3 minutes. Brought it back in and added the final ingredients. (The pickled red onion, some soft boiled eggs and some yellow peppers)

Placed it back on the pizza stone and cooked it for another 3 minutes and here it is done.

This was an experiment and it turned out really well but I still liked the BBQ chicken pizza better. The flavor was good with the crunch of the crust, the savory pork, the rich and creamy soft boiled eggs, the sour of the pickled onion and a little kick from the yellow peppers. I will try this again and continue tweaking things to get the flavor to really pop.

Thanks for looking.

Ok so I had to look up Cochinita Pibil first and I'm a fan. That being said that is one good looking dish. I've found quite a few recipes (do you use the banana leaf when making yours) and need to find the sour orange juice. We have a Latino market and will check there.

Ok so I had to look up Cochinita Pibil first and I'm a fan. That being said that is one good looking dish. I've found quite a few recipes (do you use the banana leaf when making yours) and need to find the sour orange juice. We have a Latino market and will check there.
Thank you g. Cochinita is the Pulled Pork dish of southern Mexico.

Yes I use banana leaves. Here is the recipe I use. You can wrap it up like this or line an aluminum pan with leaves like in the second link.

Recipe Link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228403

2nd link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228349

I love to see folks try new things for pizza and yours is awesome!

Back