BBQ Chicken Pizza Part 8

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Remember I had 2 thighs leftover from this cook?
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224501

Well today around 12:00 I made up some pizza dough.

Around 5:00 I got a chimney of lump going on my side burner.

I poured it into my kamado and set it up for a pizza cook. While it was coming up to temp I went in and prepared my toppings. (Husker wanted some chicken!)

The dough had easily doubled in size.

I divided the dough

and rolled out 1 half. (My wife wanted me to cut it into a perfect circle so I did)

I place on all the toppings.
24627271912_12b722bbee_z.jpg

This is when I had to improvise. Some of you know that I’m getting my home redone. Well I went to go get my pizza peel and it wasn’t there. We looked all over and couldn’t find where we had packed it so I had to make do with what I could find. Here’s how we did it. I took my 2 largest spatulas and slowly worked the pizza onto the bottom of a platter with parchment paper.

I took this out to the kamado and use it as the peel.

Kamado was up to 600 degrees so I cooked for only 6 minutes. Here’s the first one.

And here is the second one.

With perfect crispy crust.

Delicious. :becky:

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for looking.[/FONT]

Well that's just an awesome pizza pie!! If only there was a way we can post samples and for people to eat here :D

bbq chicken pizza is so good! Glad you mentioned that you cut the perfect circle, I was thinking man he has some killer rolling skills

Did you use some wheat flour in the dough? May just be the pic, but I thought I saw some flecks. Wheat flour tastes great on the grill. Pizza looks great.

I'm always looking for good pizza dough recipes, especially ones that can be done same day and turn out thin and crispy. Mind sharing yours?

bbq chicken pizza is so good! Glad you mentioned that you cut the perfect circle, I was thinking man he has some killer rolling skills
Thank you mattmountz. I've gotten better at rolling out the dough but not that good. The first oue I did looked something like the continent of North America. :laugh:

Last edited:
Back