MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #16
Woodbooger
Knows what a fatty is.

Pizza pan on a Weber Performer. LOL best pizza I ever had and I am in NJ.
Woodbooger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2014, 06:32 PM   #17
Simply Smoked
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelman68 View Post
I've heard of the thrust bearing mod which makes complete sense. But I never heard of the Chauflector Mod. What is that?
A flame deflector mounted to the top stone to direct the fire down to the pizza. Helps char the top before the bottom get over done. This is same setup I use.
Images borrowed from Pizza Making Forum.

Last edited by Simply Smoked; 09-29-2020 at 09:39 AM..
Simply Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #18
Moose
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Richard

I couldn't be happier with the Blackstone. Doesn't use a ton of fuel, either. As Ron said, you wouldn't want to use it for a Chicago deep dish pie, but otherwise, it's amazing. I usually look for a stone temp of about 650-675 degrees.

Here's some BS pizzas I've cooked:

Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #19
Gulf

I am sure that I would like the pizza from the Blackstone or the pizza from the Weber. However, I built my WFO with a much broader menu in mind. My WFO cooks pizzas just fine, but it has beeen used for so much more! I'm still learning. But the pizzas, bread, roasts, pies, cookies, briskets (all cooked in an oven as the temperature is falling from just one firing) are a blast to pull off!

A wood fired oven can be as expensive as you want it to be. But, also just as affordable. The price range of these things go from the simple cob oven (almost no $ investment) to the the extremes.

I am sort of in the middle. I did a lot of scrounging for materials, and used modern insulation.

There are many of the WFO ovens from the old world that have lasted for hundreds of years.

A couple of cheap grills, 1 old smoker, a 22" Weber Gold, a homemade [B][URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/110159595322558444862/MiniWSM?authkey=Gv1sRgCIXHlu_bv5upFg"]Mini-WSM[/URL][/B], [B][URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/110159595322558444862/TheOven?authkey=Gv1sRgCLyd6bbIseqYSA"]Wood Fired Oven[/URL][/B], and working on a UDS.
Some [B][URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/110159595322558444862/WFOOvenFood?authkey=Gv1sRgCLTcuMHN24_mbw"]WFO Food[/URL][/B] to look at.
Gulf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2014, 11:52 PM   #20
rebelman68
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I couldn't be happier with the Blackstone. Doesn't use a ton of fuel, either. As Ron said, you wouldn't want to use it for a Chicago deep dish pie, but otherwise, it's amazing. I usually look for a stone temp of about 650-675 degrees.

Here's some BS pizzas I've cooked:

Those are some great looking pies!
rebelman68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-14-2014, 11:56 PM   #21
rebelman68
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
I am sure that I would like the pizza from the Blackstone or the pizza from the Weber. However, I built my WFO with a much broader menu in mind. My WFO cooks pizzas just fine, but it has beeen used for so much more! I'm still learning. But the pizzas, bread, roasts, pies, cookies, briskets (all cooked in an oven as the temperature is falling from just one firing) are a blast to pull off!

A wood fired oven can be as expensive as you want it to be. But, also just as affordable. The price range of these things go from the simple cob oven (almost no $ investment) to the the extremes.

I am sort of in the middle. I did a lot of scrounging for materials, and used modern insulation.

There are many of the WFO ovens from the old world that have lasted for hundreds of years.
Looking at some of the cob oven designs I wouldn't hear the end of it from the wife about how ugly they are. I would definitely have to go with a masonry type oven which are way more than we can afford right now. Thank you for the additional info though. I'll keep those ideas in mind in the future.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #22
rebelman68
Got Wood.

For anyone with the Blackstone ovens have you had any issues with them? Stone breaking? Motor issues? Customer Service issues?

Old 12-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #23
Simply Smoked

Name/Nickname : Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelman68 View Post
For anyone with the Blackstone ovens have you had any issues with them? Stone breaking? Motor issues? Customer Service issues?
Mine had a broken bottom stone when new. Called Black Stone and they sent a replacement the same day. Great customer service. No problems or issues, works great.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #24
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

No problems with mine. From reading about them on the pizza making forum it seems that most issues are out of the box damage from shipping and everyone has had great experiences with customer service. Also, it seems the BS has improved their packaging quite a bit. Mine was perfect out of the box.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black stone, neapolitan, Oven, Pizza