Boathouse Smokers - Big Black Cabinet

Czarbecue

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ahem... it’s a BBC.

I’ve been going back and forth with Boathouse Smokers (brethren Badger Jacob) on this unit since mid February. We finally hammered out the details on a giant cabinet smoker that will have a foot print of 4’x3’. Sent my deposit and he got to work on it starting in April. I plan to pick up the cooker in June.

It’s a larger version of their “double barrel 8 rack” with 14 racks. Each rack is roughly 23”x35”. Instead of the standard sliding intake, I opted for three 2” valves on the each side to control the airflow.

f208a66805d7ac63a94254282631d143.jpg

e470d38e86b4abda9e7566338a44bd8c.jpg

fe97469aa8aec48138b52889fe10a628.jpg

ac0cb3c4be1e011f4f8040105eb57fe7.jpg

b3daa37612324c44ae79169be0bac767.jpg

Thanks Smitty for the original post about them.

:shock: What are you going do with that Monster? :twitch: Must have Met ALOT of New Friends down in Georgia? The Twins are gonna be Sad and Jealous..........:biggrin1:

The Twins are gonna be Sad and Jealous..........:biggrin1:

Pfft... The twins can't even get on the road! I can't wire lights on a trailer if my life depended on it. I actually asked Tyler if he can just add a roof to the Bandera trailer with my spot in line. Still thinking about it... since I have about 9 months until my number is up.

Last edited:
:shock: What are you going do with that Monster? :twitch: Must have Met ALOT of New Friends down in Georgia?

Eventually it will go on the back end of an enclosed trailer. That's like 2-3 years down the line though.

That is really nice! Dig the hip roof. Comps? That is gonna be difficult to move around. I would put the twins on CL, probably get $3k for it based on the crazy prices you normally see.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That is really nice! Dig the hip roof. Comps? That is gonna be difficult to move around. I would put the twins on CL, probably get $3k for it based on the crazy prices you normally see.

More of a concession trailer than comps. Not a big fan of comp style barbecue. I like my meats a bit on the fatty side. The twin towers was my first welding project. There’s some sentimental value all up in it but yeah, I may have to sell it if it’s just going to sit on the driveway.

This unit is technically a water cooker. There’s a funnel setup above the charcoal box for water and drippings.

Very nice! I'm not big on naming smokers...generally.

But that one wants to be called "Luther"

Quarter inch. The guesstimate is about 1400 pounds with everything :thumb:

Back