THE Shirley Fabrication Photo Thread

Shirley Fab - Order Placed!

I am very excited. Yesterday I submitted my deposit and worked with Tyler to place an order. Build details below. I figured I would put my build money into smoker functionality, so I opted out of the SS shelf. I think it will be fun to make a custom cedar or butcher block shelf instead. Im still on the fence between switching to the 24x60 trailer model. The larger 60" cook chamber would allow for cooking a hog, but will I ever do that? The trailer would make it easier for pick up and transport, but do I plan on moving my cooker once I get it home? Also, I could always seperate get a tandem axel trailer which I could use for my tractor as well... So many variables!

24X42 Cabinet Patio Model
Insulated Firebox
Ash pan, firebox
Warmer 28" tall
3rd shelf add, warmer
Hip roof, warmer
Charcoal grate, warmer
Removable sausage hanger, warmer
Both Dampers (firebox & cooking chamber)
Baffle block, cooking chamber
probe insert (2), 1 cooking chamber, 1 warmer

Congrats! Don't overthink it. You have plenty of waiting time. I am a few months ahead of you and man i have changed at least 15 times already. The only thing i know for sure is that it will be black.

I am very excited. Yesterday I submitted my deposit and worked with Tyler to place an order. Build details below. I figured I would put my build money into smoker functionality, so I opted out of the SS shelf. I think it will be fun to make a custom cedar or butcher block shelf instead. Im still on the fence between switching to the 24x60 trailer model. The larger 60" cook chamber would allow for cooking a hog, but will I ever do that? The trailer would make it easier for pick up and transport, but do I plan on moving my cooker once I get it home? Also, I could always seperate get a tandem axel trailer which I could use for my tractor as well... So many variables!

24X42 Cabinet Patio Model
Insulated Firebox
Ash pan, firebox
Warmer 28" tall
3rd shelf add, warmer
Hip roof, warmer
Charcoal grate, warmer
Removable sausage hanger, warmer
Both Dampers (firebox & cooking chamber)
Baffle block, cooking chamber
probe insert (2), 1 cooking chamber, 1 warmer

Hey, thanks Matt. Glad to see other folks who are in the waiting game too. It will be great to see your new cooker on the forum and know that mine will be right behind it! :heh:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=1179&pictureid=12274
picture.php

My new direct flow traditional 24x60. It has tuning plates and also has a 2 piece reverse flow plate that can be used when exhausting through the warmer.

I can’t figure out how to resize the picture so I did it as a link. I finally figured a way to resize the pic.

Last edited:
Picked up my Shirley Fabrication 24 x 65, elevated, straight back on a modified trailer earlier this week. Finally getting around to posting some pics of her. Got both dampers and a SS steel shelf with backsplash. Also got the fold down SS shelf with paper towel holder.

New%20Smoker%20Side%201_zpseduvmach.jpg

Standard warmer with three racks and standard fire box with ash pan and baffle block.
New%20Smoker%20Back_zps6wcklll3.jpg

Spare tire, two umbrella holders and wood basket on the backside.
New%20Smoker%20Side%203_zpsqixhp2vt.jpg

Got the removable tongue, trailer dolly and Tyler put this storage box on that I provided for odds and ends.

New%20Smoker%20Front_zpswpxevsvy.jpg

I think that about covers it. Very excited to own and start cooking on her.

Last edited:
mbigtoe that is a fine looking smoking rig! Hope to see some pics of it in use. Congrats!

Looks great and welcome to the Shirley family!
You should bring it along with your family and friends to The 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash at Ray Roberts Lake. I'll have mine their and possible of few more from the the local Brethren. :mrgreen:

mbigtoe - I like that storage box. Mind if I ask where you picked that up from? Awesome cooker by the way!

Back