Ribs on a Whim

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm in dire need of smoke therapy, so I bought some baby backs when my wife and I went grocery shopping today to cook tonight.

I also wanted to do something different to break this rut I'm in........same old, same old. This rack is slathered lightly with Worcestershire sauce and rubbed with Oakridge Santa Maria.

Turbo cooked on the BGE with cherry wood chunks at 350 for almost 2 hours, and sauced with Stubbs Original.

Mission...success! A little peppery bite from the rub that sauce complements. My heat averse wife even liked them. :-D

Life is good! :-D

31nqN2Oh.jpg

0MNnryhh.jpg

Looks good John, one thing I love about Ribs (besides they taste good) is they can be a long cook or a short cook when you need them to be.

Thanks, Kevin!

I just wanted to burn meat tonight......damn the torpedoes, and baby backs are perfect for a quick turbo cook on the Egg. It was a good shift from my previous rubs and sauces.............I wanted something aggressive this time. The Santa Maria and the Stubbs worked perfectly. :-D

I haven't tried Santa Maria on pork before... why not!?

Great lookin' bones, Brother John.

Glad to see you got some much needed smoke therapy!

I like doing this and love results but get mixed reviews from wife as she like me to go slower and render a little more fat. Those look fantastic!

That’s another wonderful thing about weibs.........they REALLY lend themselves to a change of flavor and style......fact is I think they should be the national food....already is down heeyaahhhh...

Back