Rip Tangle Smoker

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Anybody got one? How hard are they to toss into the bed of a Pickup truck?

i had a member here tell me threw PM that he owned a hunsaker, gateway and a riptangle . said the riptangle was his favorite out of the 3 . maybe he will chime in here shortly

Hey Smitty, We have been stocking the RT's for several months now and it has quickly become one of our best selling cookers. We have two in stock and another six on order. They are manufactured by Jeff Rippelmeyer in
Wentzville MO a suburb of St Louis.
I personally have been cooking on one for a month now. Will fit full size hotel pans along with rib hanging racks.It is one solid cooker with a handle on back and wheels for a two wheel dolly design and can lay on it's back just need to put either cardboard down or a moving blanket to protect backside.We ship nationwide and internationally.
Feel free to call if needing any detailed info and ask for me
Ron 314.200.5350

Attachments

• rip.jpg
    rip.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:
StlBBQStore is 100% correct. Jeff is a great guy with a winning BBQ team. He cooks on these himself and is constantly getting the call at comps. Ive seen these in action and if the need ever arose, I would have one.

St Louis BBQ Store is my go to around here and the guys and gal there are awesome to work with. You wont be disappointed.

I compete against Jeff. His smokers are well made and seem very sturdy! I like the fact that you can put a full hotel pan in them.. With that being said, Jeff, I am gunning for you bro!!! lol..:thumb: See ya soon.

Anybody got one? How hard are they to toss into the bed of a Pickup truck?

looking at the specs, they weigh 180lbs, so throwing it in a pickup is a big grunt and heave. Looks like a pretty cool cooker. Made thicker than the barrel types. I might take one over the two popular models

Do they come with 1 or 2 Grates.? I havn’t seen any charcoal basket pics.? Difusser or Open ?

I’m liking the looks/size of them but to my Poor Azz they are Overpriced a bit. I’ll probally Build another UDS for a portable smoker. :twitch:

That says 1 grate but doesn’t show basket or Difusser........
I don't think there is a diffuser available. Half Rack, Hanging Rack and additional full sized racks are the only options available.

DSC05847__61676.1523992308.1280.1280.JPG

Need to Find a 1 yr Old Like New Certified Used that’s been thru a 110 pt Extensive Checkout and still has remaining Factory Warranty.......:loco:

I like the style.. boxy. I might build my own since I don’t need to do any steel bending.

Jeff's attention to detail is impeccable. We have been thrilled with the fit, finish, and cooking versatility so far. Also available in a high temp powder coat if you want to grill. Just raise the basket up onto the first rack location and you will have correct spacing for grilling.

Jeff's attention to detail is impeccable. We have been thrilled with the fit, finish, and cooking versatility so far. Also available in a high temp powder coat if you want to grill. Just raise the basket up onto the first rack location and you will have correct spacing for grilling.

Difusser for smoking or No.?

Back