• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A variety pack on the big weber tonight

Norm

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Decided to treat my guests to a bunch of different meat grilled on my big weber. Lite a chimney of wicked good and dumped it in, waited for the nasty white smoke to clear and then put on this group.

i-hDBkT3J-XL.jpg

Slab of pork belly went on 1st as I knew it would take the most time.

i-9LJf4Gm-XL.jpg

Weber has settled in around 400° and even with a fatty cut like pork belly you can see the kind of exhaust from the top.... perfect!

i-NCVTbzx-XL.jpg

Forgot to add that I threw a couple of chunks of a peach tree from my orchard that I dry and use for flavor.

I also found some https://kiolbassa.com/product/beef-smoked-sausage/ at Costco I'm cooking tonight to make into a beans, sausage and rice dish. I'll freeze it for quick meals.

About an hour into the cook, everything smells really good!

i-pWbRhw2-XL.jpg

I always hate to find a big dead limb on one of my peach or plum trees but I sure do love to cook with that wood :) It sure smells good while cooking.

Larry

Looks like the makings of a great meal. How was it? :hungry:

A "Mix Grill" IMO is the best way to grill, looks great Norm.

The entire meal looks outstanding. If you feed your guests like that, you had better put out sleeping bags because no one will want to leave.

I really want a 26 norm.

How did you setup your heat zones and how long did the chimney last?

It looks like you just poured it down the middle: thumb:

I really want a 26 norm.

How did you setup your heat zones and how long did the chimney last?

It looks like you just poured it down the middle: thumb:

I just pour it in over some old leftover lump. Once it gets going I just push it to one side for 2 zones. I should get a couple of fire bricks though. Pork butt took 3 hours and I still had plenty of lump leftover when I shut it down.

Back