Counterweight for Weber Rotissierie

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
The new Weber roti ships without a counterweight and that really tortures the motor.

I did a quick Google search for a counterweight and I'm confused as to what to buy.

Any suggestions from the Brethren?

Not my pic, but this is what I do. I don't like the sound the motor makes.
ec61ba95a7f456a973d3e95da1f7ba8e.jpg

Why Weber no longer ships with a counterweight.
https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/bu...e-a-rotisserie-counterweight/weber-30324.html

Dads, I think this dog will hunt. :-D

I'm spinning a couple of birds this afternoon and will try this out.
Nice thing about using Vicegrips is that you can add them quickly when you discover a counterweight is needed.

I mount one bird breast side up, the other breast side down. Balances quite well.
If you take a lemon or lime, cut off the tips of the ends, and impale it inside the bird, that will help center and stabilize things, and baste the bird at the same time. Use an orange for turkeys.

I have no problem using the rotisserie without a counterweight.
But if I ever will, I know know how to solve it :wink:

Nice thing about using Vicegrips is that you can add them quickly when you discover a counterweight is needed.

I mount one bird breast side up, the other breast side down. Balances quite well.
If you take a lemon or lime, cut off the tips of the ends, and impale it inside the bird, that will help center and stabilize things, and baste the bird at the same time. Use an orange for turkeys.

Thats what I do sometimes
Infinite balance adjustment, makes small motors act like ones with grunt

So are they saying the new motors are better ? Or making up a story to justify them getting cheap. I just use a threaded rod, a rond bushing with a threaded hole for the rod, a nut, plenty of large washers and a nut. You can then tighten the rod were you want, adjust the washers in or out and add or subtract washers. As long as the gears are plastic, they need all the help they need. As to the vice grip, one could add washers to the adjusting bolt.

Like the lemon/lime/orange addition..thanks.

It worked like a champ, Dads. Thanks! :thumb:

The next time I spin birds, I'll use lemons.

It worked like a champ, Dads. Thanks! :thumb:

The next time I spin birds, I'll use lemons.
Slice off the pointy ends just enough to shove the spit through. It's easiest for me to shove the spit or something through, pull it out, put the lemon inside the cavity, them re-insert the spit.

Back