Some Cabin Cooking-Al Pastor Burritos--(Update) So Good I Repeated It Tonight

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hadn't been up to the cabin in weeks. Left early from work Friday to meet up ex-coworkers for lunch and from there it's only a 45 min drive to the cabin so I said fark it.:clap2:

Peaceful to be up in the woods to break away from the grind

8KbEkZPh.jpg

So I did a little shopping prior to heading up and wanted some al pastor burritos. Got a pork butt and sliced half for the al pastor

kGU8CkSh.jpg

Reserved some of the liquid I soaked up some dry Hatch, Ancho and Guajillo peppers in and added achiote paste to it. Whisked it down to liquify the achiote paste

OXoVKwGh.jpg

Seasoned the shoulder slices with Tampico brand chorizo mix. Pretty much the same ingredients mostly used in al pastor

gLmjN5Gh.jpg

Into the mix with minced pineapples

tgOhrO4h.jpg

Marinated for a few hours

Rui8Cexh.jpg

I had canned beans but I wanted to kick them up a notch so I used the blade bone for flavor by browning first

OTbbKcFh.jpg

Sautéed some onions and garlic

Y78yE8lh.jpg

Added the beans with some W, Tapatio and chorizo seasoning

EbtrIRvh.jpg

Let the beans get happy (You guys have to try it out :thumb:)

6oc53Z7h.jpg

Meat went into the PBJ first then the gasser for some crisping up. Trying to replicate the spit affect

gCclARah.jpg

And burrito making time with warm 14" tortillas with cheese, meat and chargrilled/caramelized pineapple chunks

0jMIiI3h.jpg

Beans

ebkdP29h.jpg

Cilantro, onions and salsa

OOjdhseh.jpg

Toasted and halved

U0NurXch.jpg

Served

QXVuQd5h.jpg

Easily my favorite filling for tacos or burritos

LjaSAFeh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Welp! These were so good that I rinsed and repeated it again just now. At home and on the gasser this time

KxHh78oh.jpg

K3oVZrih.jpg

dCvHWbHh.jpg

M6MKk4hh.jpg

QJKkWZYh.jpg

zTFjRyPh.jpg

fevOATih.jpg

4C2PvQdh.jpg

6uQmc4Ph.jpg

Last edited:
:shock:

Strong, Sako. Looks fantastic, to include the char from the proverbial spit...

Hope you've been able to relax and unwind a bit before getting back to the madness.

:shock:

Strong, Sako. Looks fantastic, to include the char from the proverbial spit...

Hope you've been able to relax and unwind a bit before getting back to the madness.

Thanks Marc! Yup, with al pastor char is a must so I improvised and it was danged good.

Looking great as always, Sako. Nice to be able to get away at a moments notice to kick back.

Has to be one of the finest burritos ever made!!

No words! [emoji15][emoji39]

Thanks Robb! I almost used the Yoder but since there wasn't much cooking to do I used the PBJ. It's been a while.

Looking great as always, Sako. Nice to be able to get away at a moments notice to kick back.

Thanks Marty! Absolutely. Something you just have to drop everything and relax for a bit.

Has to be one of the finest burritos ever made!!

Thanks Greg!

Al Pastor?!?!? I went to high school with him! Didn't know he moved to Cali...

:brick:

Nothing like being outdoors... I can just sit there staring at the woods, in a chair, with a beer, all day long... BBQ'ing at the same time. Screw reality lol.

Not sure if I should or would say what I'm thinking out loud, but it may or may not have something to do with marrying a burrito. :oops:

Back