MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
mykz26
Full Fledged Farker

Default Whole Turkey Breast Question

First off Merry Christmas. I ran into a problem today. I was gonna use my neighbors oven to cook my whole turkey breast while I had my 18lb whole turkey in my oven. Their oven is not working now. I figure my bird is gonna take about 3.5-4hours since it will be stuffed. Will the whole 7lb turkey breast keep nice and moist if I cook that first in the oven, then wrap it in towels and throw in the cooler while I roast my whole turkey? I'm sure it will be just fine but just wanted your suggestions. Thanks.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:25 AM   #2
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I would stuff the bird after it's cooked using the birds juices as the fluid content. I' not a fan of pre stuffing because I don't care for the thought of the uncooked juices getting into the stuffing and possibly not cooking through.

Also start the breast at about the half way point of the full bird.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2011, 05:25 AM   #3
Skidder
Babbling Farker

Two things you don't do is stuff a bird or cooler a bird. Don't stuff for the reasons above and if you cooler the skin will turn to rubber and the bird will dry out. I would take it apart and reheat using chix broth. Do the same with the breast or serve when it's cooked.
Skidder is offline   Reply With Quote