Kosher BBQ Comp in Chicago June 1st

BBQ Rabbi

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I wanted to let the Chicago area people know about a great new event happening in Lakeview on June 1st

The First Chicago Kosher BBQ Comp www.chikosherbbq.org

Its unique that its a 100% kosher event, the organizers provide the smokers ( all Webers, 1 WSM 22.5 and 1 one touch silver 22.5 per team) and the meat most if not all ingredients (they give you a list to pick from and anything not on it you have to buy and it needs to be certified kosher) they also provide all the utensils.

There are still a few spots open, its filling in fast, PM if you are interested.

I run one in KC (august 17th www.kckosherbbq.com ) and its allot of fun, its a great challenge for the cooks but a level playing field.

Cheers!
Mendel

This sounds like an interesting event. I wish we had known about it earlier. I just scheduled a family event for that weekend.

The web site shows trophies for the top 3 in each category and GC. Are there any other prizes?

So the categories are brisket, beef ribs, chicken and beans? Or are beans judged separately from the meats? Sounds like fun! Will you be posting a results thread?

Sounds like fun. I look forward to hearing the results! Do the teams get to keep the Weber smokers/grills?

I signed up to judge one of these in Connecticut. Can't wait, should be interesting. Looking forward to talking with the competitors after the judging.

Back