When is the sale on Kingsford Charcoal again?

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Is it on labor day weekend? I'm all out of Kingsford. Bought a bag of lump from Hasty Bake the other day -- I'm in Tulsa -- and it was a whopping $17 for the bag. Used to be $6 a bag. Although this bag is about twice as big as before.

The lump they used to use was top rated lump, Ozark Trail. In fact if I recall is was rated #1 in the US. I used to buy bags of it for $3.50 at local market. They went out of business less than a year after I started using it, sigh!

Yup, unless you find something online

Memorial day, 4 of July, and Labor day

Use brickseek Lowes Home Depot and Target. Not always 100% accurate but a quick search of multiple locations

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=375025590

This is what Adams is referring to. Not 100% but sometimes you can score a deal with this. Notice the store in Broken Arrow has limited quantities which may mean zero. The price may not be lowered until you scan the bar coade. At the top of the page, you can click on inventory checker and find the various stores offered.

Good luck with your search.

Robert

Looks like a Costco just opened in Tulsa? I see there are Sam's club locations. Give them a call and see what they have. Maybe a friend with a membership will join you.

Costco in Michigan has had a decent lump deal going all summer. 34 lbs bags of cowboy for $20. They also have had a decent 2 bag deal on kingsford briquettes but I can't recall the price.

Other folks have posted mid-june sales. They are sporadic and seem to be somewhat regional. Menards typically has pretty decent prices on royal oak. Check the other big box stores and walmart.

Back