"On a Roll!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, August 1st!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"On a Roll!"

large-variety-of-wholemeal-and-white-bread-rolls-overhead-view-picture-id1158802083

As chosen by ssv3 for winning the "Steak Cook-Off" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

ssv3 said:
How about a "On A Roll" Throwdown? Make any protein or seafood but you must put it into a bread roll of any kind. Standard rules apply.

You may submit entries that are cooked from 7/15 through 8/1.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday, 8/1/22.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Been awhile since I entered any throwdowns but I had a question. Is a hamburger bun considered a roll? I google searched and wikipedia says yes but other sites say no... So what would you consider a bun? is it a type of roll? Thanks.

Been awhile since I entered any throwdowns but I had a question. Is a hamburger bun considered a roll? I google searched and wikipedia says yes but other sites say no... So what would you consider a bun? is it a type of roll? Thanks.

Yes, why not? Same would apply for a hot dog bun/roll.

Time permitting, I've got an idear for a sammich.

Please accept this as my entry into this throwdown.

So had a boneless pork butt I smoked on Robyn's birthday with cherry wood on the Backwoods Chubby 3400. Instead of pulling the meat decided to chill it after smoking. Sliced it on the Weston meat slicer to make sandwich meat. Stacked it on a plain hamburger bun. Took a 50/50 mix of Blues Hog original and Tennessee Red and put it over top of the meat. Put fried onions on top with cheddar cheese.
Something different with making a cold sandwich.
I like making my own sandwich meat.

Back