MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #46
kurtsara
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Hey you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqbull View Post
Talking to a guy I know. His boys went out to Wyoming and killed and elk. They had the animal processed. They put it in there chest freezer and had a Honda generator to power the freezer. The trailer sat on an angle just enough to trigger the low oil sensor and shut down. When they got home they had a spoiled elk in there chest freezer.
Just something else to think about.

We had Onan gasoline powered generators on our pumpers and rescue trucks at my former job. We had remote starts in the cab. We would start it a mile down the road for lighting to do our work. Never had a problem with exhaust problems even with the compartment doors closed.
You have to check the generator, especially crossing a few states, we use a swift hitch SH02 wireless camera to watch ours.
kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 01-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #47
SkinEz
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Skinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqbull View Post
Talking to a guy I know. His boys went out to Wyoming and killed and elk. They had the animal processed. They put it in there chest freezer and had a Honda generator to power the freezer. The trailer sat on an angle just enough to trigger the low oil sensor and shut down. When they got home they had a spoiled elk in there chest freezer.
Just something else to think about.
Ugh that would really suck!!!
SkinEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:12 AM   #48
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I have an Onan running on my trailer if I have fresh in the fridge. The chest freezer will keep for days. I leave a light on that is powered by the generator, in view of my mirrors, so I know if it is stopped..I also pack frozen in the fresh part of fridge so I dont have to run. I only run on hot days or on long trips of over 1 hour. Or if possible just pack the igloo with ice then move to fridge..I try to do this with chicken, because 200 or 400 1/2s get messy. I was thinking of just getting a little Honda to run the fridge only, that draws about 8 to 10 amps...
About the guys that lost the elk meat, I cant beleive they did not check such a treasure when they pulled off at a rest site or fueling up. I am so nervous every stop things are looked at and they must have started off with the meat just loaded into the freezer...I bet that wont happen again..
Old 02-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #49
SkinEz
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Skinny

OK so it has been a while since I last posted here. One, because the semester started, and it got pretty busy. However, to shed some light on my endeavors I have just put a down payment on a Shirley Fabrication Smoker. I have also began looking into a couple of businesses in my area, which assist start-ups. One company is an incubator, and allows me to have an office and access to a conference room and classroom at an affordable rate. Another business I am dealing with is a commercial kitchen in which I am meeting with Monday to go over the possibilities of me renting space. I am a little anxious to get this ball rolling, but am excited to see how it all pans out.
SkinEz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
business, catering, concession