• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

From Russia with Love

BadVolf

Reaction score
Hello! I'm an American, grew up in Florida, but am now living in Russia (4 yrs now). It's a long story. Anyways, they seriously lack good BBQ here, although it is starting to change! There are a few BBQ restaurants popping up here and they are extremely popular. Although, most Russians don't know how to cook real BBQ. The meat here is incredible though... there's a company that bought 1000 angus from the US and they are raising an breeding them in the South of Russia, in some of the most fertile soil in the world for grass and corn.

I have decided to open a BBQ restaurant and was going to buy a smoker and have it shipped here, but it's seriously expensive for the shipping. $8000! And so, with my background in engineering, I have decided to make one. It's why I registered here. And with that, I will make my post in another forum on what I have discovered in this process and how to proceed. Have a great day!

PS - At the moment, I decided to drive my Land Rover Defender 110 across Russia and I reached the pacific ocean near North Korea. Took me 15,000 kilometers (9000 miles) to get here! I have been eating and cooking fresh scallops right out of the ocean, weathered two typhoons here and will be driving back to Moscow at the end of the week.

Welcome and good luck in your new venture!

9000 miles is one serious road trip!!

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome, BadVolf. It sounds like quite an undertaking, building a smoker and opening a BBQ restaurant. Best of luck with both of those ventures and be sure to keep us posted on your progress.

Greetings! It sounds like quite an undertaking. Russia has changed drastically since I started visiting over 20 years ago. I think it's been a decade now since I've been to Moscow. I'm scheduled to be in St. Pete's next summer, but will have to see how that goes. Keep us posted! If the 'rona cooperates, maybe I'll head south and see how the Kremlin is doing and get some brisket. I had a good friend working in Vladivostok for a couple years, but missed my chance in visiting. It's an amazing country. I'd love to have taken that drive.

Welcome! That's quite an adventure you've been on and hope your return to Moscow is a safe one.

I've been following your smoker build thread in Qtalk, look forward to seeing how that goes!

Hello! I'm an American, grew up in Florida, but am now living in Russia (4 yrs now). It's a long story. Anyways, they seriously lack good BBQ here, although it is starting to change! There are a few BBQ restaurants popping up here and they are extremely popular. Although, most Russians don't know how to cook real BBQ. The meat here is incredible though... there's a company that bought 1000 angus from the US and they are raising an breeding them in the South of Russia, in some of the most fertile soil in the world for grass and corn.

I have decided to open a BBQ restaurant and was going to buy a smoker and have it shipped here, but it's seriously expensive for the shipping. $8000! And so, with my background in engineering, I have decided to make one. It's why I registered here. And with that, I will make my post in another forum on what I have discovered in this process and how to proceed. Have a great day!

PS - At the moment, I decided to drive my Land Rover Defender 110 across Russia and I reached the pacific ocean near North Korea. Took me 15,000 kilometers (9000 miles) to get here! I have been eating and cooking fresh scallops right out of the ocean, weathered two typhoons here and will be driving back to Moscow at the end of the week.

suddenly focused on the point that you were eating scallops by the sea haha :wink::grin:

Welcome

Would love to see pix of your road trip

Best regards about your build and restaurant!

I just noticed your nickname. Anything to do with Rose Tyler?

Back