Still can't leave it alone

mrpigs

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm on my 5th tank of propane since I got my Blackstone the week before father's day.

Decided to try sausage gravy on it this morning. Started out with some simple buttermilk drop biscuits in the oven.

I've heard of people putting chicken bouillon cubes in breakfast gravy and decided to take it one step further and make the roux with some frying oil from my chicken cooker instead of sausage or bacon fat. Tried it on the stove last week and it did add another layer of flavor, I really like it.

Fried up a pound of sage sausage and added it in after thickening with whole milk. Seasoned with a little more sage, cayenne pepper, salt and course ground black pepper. It turned out great.

And of course I gotta have some goetta.

Anyway, thanks for looking and sorry for the cheap cell phone pics with a complete lack of photography skills. Maybe some day I'll learn how to put text between pics.

Have to get this thing cleaned up, kids are all coming over this afternoon to do smash burgers.

Attachments

• KIMG0157.jpg
    KIMG0157.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 285
  • KIMG0159.jpg
    KIMG0159.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 282
  • KIMG0161.jpg
    KIMG0161.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 283
  • KIMG0162.jpg
    KIMG0162.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 283
Food looks GREAT and those plates are my favorite.I have the same pattern.

That's a fine job for sure! Everyone around here now only wants my smashburgers from the blackstone. Which I don't mind at all. Yup super fun to cook on the blackstone

Every post like this makes me want a blackstone

I often say the same thing. It's the cooker that I have the most fun actually using.

That said, every time I say it, I have to assume that all the line cooks and diner chefs don't feel quite the same way that we do.

I hear you.

I have a whole new respect for short order cooks

It wouldn't be nearly as fun if it was an everyday job..

That looks awesome!
Next time, invite me and I'll bring the hash browns!

Back