My Fatty Piston

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Thank you for the idea Grillinski! After reading about Grillinski's fatty piston, I wanted to give it a try...
Grillinski's post... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64365&highlight=stuffer

I made mine out of pvc.

037-7-1.jpg

For the stuffing I made some corned beef hash, by frying onions and garlic and potatoes then adding corned beef......then added cheese and minced jalapenos....

016-7-1.jpg

026-9-1.jpg

I used pvc for the whole piston... cut a pvc disc to fit the tube, attached a pvc cap to fit the palm of my hand.

029-12-1.jpg

031-7-1.jpg

I put my cooled corned beef stuffing into the tube and tamped it down...

040-8-1.jpg

042-5-1.jpg

After the cylinder was full, I wrapped it in plastic wrap and let it chill.

046-11-1.jpg

Onto the rolled out hot sausage....

008-11-1.jpg

Wrapped in bacon and into my drum smoker for 4 hours...

015-9-1.jpg

104-2-1.jpg

I loved the fatty piston. :)

117-2-1.jpg

The corned beef hash, bacon wrapped fatty....

112-2-1.jpg

Thanks Grillinski!...... and thanks for checking out my new toy. :)

That is so awesome! Looks great and uniform.... And YUMMO...

That just might be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

is there ANYTHING you can't do? been reading your blog the last few days, I think my wife is getting jealous. she wanted to see a picture of you and all I could show her was the picture of your hair. love your posts as usual.

Thanks folks! I really like the piston, thanks again to Grillinski for coming up with the idea. :)

is there ANYTHING you can't do? been reading your blog the last few days, I think my wife is getting jealous. she wanted to see a picture of you and all I could show her was the picture of your hair. love your posts as usual.

lol! I appreciate you checking out my blog... Thank you! :-D
Tell Mrs tjus, that I'm down right homely... she has nothing to worry about. lol

Thanks folks! I really like the piston, thanks again to Grillinski for coming up with the idea. :)

lol! I appreciate you checking out my blog... Thank you! :-D
Tell Mrs tjus, that I'm down right homely... she has nothing to worry about. lol

Heck I would take homely and can cook anyday over High maintenance and cant do anything.... Sushhhhhh Dont tell Mrs. Ash...

Heck I would take homely and can cook anyday over High maintenance and cant do anything.... Sushhhhhh Dont tell Mrs. Ash...

lol Thanks Ash! :biggrin:

Smokey and Aqua, thank you!! The piston was fun to use. :-D

Love your piston.
You gotta give a class on weaving bacon. Wow is that beautiful!
I bet if the recipe called for a knitted bacon wrap, you would figure out a way!

The piston is definitely cool. But what got me was the perfectly rectangular rolled out sausage, which I'm sure was perfectly sealed up before the bacon weave went on.

If I were to ever start Q'ing on the circuit, then I would hire/steal/kidnap Cowgirl to do all my presentation boxes! Those pictures are worth much more than a thousand words. I'd be scared to even cut open something like that for fear of screwing it up.

Aww hell, I mean All Hail Cowgirl! :biggrin:

she wanted to see a picture of you and all I could show her was the picture of your hair.

Here is a picture of Cowgirl...

mcguyver20ud.jpg

Let's see how many of you figure this one out :-D

Nice job on the fatty piston! It looks like it worked great!

LOL Ron!!! Is that my future husband? :lol: He looks pretty handy! :lol:

Thanks Redheart, SouthJersey, Adrian and Ron!

Adrian, if you roll the sausage out inside of a large baggie, it works great! Then cut the top off the baggie. :-D

002-19-1.jpg

Adrian, if you roll the sausage out inside of a large baggie, it works great! Then cut the top off the baggie. :-D

002-19-1.jpg

That's why this forum is so wonderful, what a great tip! Thanks Cowgirl!

Nice fatty Jeanie!

I like the tip about the plastic bag, and I will definitely be trying the corned beef hash and potato fatty.

Back