• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Lamb ribs/belly cook

BuffaloDave

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Got some local lamb. I used meatchurch honey hog rub but added coriander/cumin/paprika. Smoked over cherry 275 then harissa honey glazed- meltingly tender with a nice heat. I'll be doing this again!

Attachments

• 20190424_150835.jpg
    20190424_150835.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20190424_151933.jpg
    IMG_20190424_151933.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 86
Looks fantastic Dave.

Thanks! I have a larger one in the freezer (about 5 pounds) that I'm saving for when my new smoker comes in.... I would think with the amount of fat that it's practically impossible to overcook. Going to do that one similar with a pan of veggies underneath. I'm thinking beets.

Looks awesome. Is the Harissa Honey just those two ingredients or did you add anything else? Sounds delicious

Looks awesome. Is the Harissa Honey just those two ingredients or did you add anything else? Sounds delicious

Thank you. I just heated up honey, swirled in the harissa, a little lemon juice and salt to taste. The harissa was homemade from a mixture of homegrown peppers from last year along with garlic, cumin, coriander, lemon juice-so it's already nicely seasoned. Really easy to make but I'm sure there are good store bought versions.

That looks unbelievable. I've only eaten lamb a couple of times and I definitely enjoyed it. It's just not a very common meat in my part of Texas.

That looks ridiculously good. I've been wanting to try lamb on a smoker but just have not gotten around to it. In particular I've been itching to try a square cut should roast since I've seen videos online. Supposedly you cook it just like a Boston butt and it 'll shred/pull just like one when done. Have you ever tried any other lamb cuts than ribs? If so how did they turn out?

Back