Reverse flow cabinet or gravity feed

dogrunner

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I'm looking in to making a new smoker . Right now I have drum smokers and we are out growing them in the amount of food we can cook at once . Not really having used one rf or gf is there any advantage to one over the other thanks.

If you talking about a reverse flow cabinet smoker ? I owned a T&K smoker cabinet smoker and will own another one some day and it produced a awesome smoke profile and also owned a Stup gravity feed smoker that worked real good too . The only thing on the gravity fed sometimes the charcoal would get bridged he the chute and would have to restart but only happened a couple times and the reverse flow there is no worries about that and the charcoal is in a basket .

I think you will have an easier time building a reverse flow cabinet vs a gravity feed. The engineering of the gravity feed system is a lot more complicated and probably harder to modify once built to work.iut the kinks.

I think you will have an easier time building a reverse flow cabinet vs a gravity feed. The engineering of the gravity feed system is a lot more complicated and probably harder to modify once built to work.iut the kinks.

I would think a reverse flow would be a bit more complicated as well as a bit more material intensive. A gravity fed unit consists of a cabinet and a charcoal chute. A reverse flow cabinet has the smoke channels incorporated on the interior walls. Personally I'd try and tackle a gravity fed before attempting a reverse flow cabinet.

RF cabinet easier than GF and you dont have deal with stuck charcoal. I had a pitmaker vault for competition and worked extremely well. Helped a friend build a pitmaker safe and was really easy. We disnt flush mount doors which made it easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I broke down and bought the plans for a reverse flow cabinet smoker it takes a lot less material to build one then a gravity feed which I had the plans for already

Back