MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
Trailer Trash
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Meat/Portion Count per Hotel Pan?

Hey Fellow Food Flingers, I want to know what the crowd feeding capabilities are based on the equipment that I have accumulated over the years. Like many of you, I have more cookers than I reasonably need but... they're family... not going anywhere and could cook more food than I'd ever serve. I have a new Meadow Creek BBQ42 that cooks around 40 Lbs. (advertised). How many leg quarters is that? How many leg quarters fit into a full hotel pan. I have a model 300 Cambro that holds (4) 2.5 inch deep full hotel pans. How much chicken can I get into the four pans??? Any suggestions?
Trailer Trash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

That depends on the leg quarters, Walmart sells quarters that are twice the size of the ones I do. 40lbs of quarters like I use would be probably about 70-78ish if memory serves me correct. I think about 28 quarters will fit in a Sam's Club deep full foil pan. So I say between 100 and 112 quarters in 4 pans.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #3
Trailer Trash
is one Smokin' Farker

"H", How many guests would you safely consider serving 75 of your leg quarters to if there was two sides? (I'm thinking that some of my guests would go back for more chicken)...
Old 01-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

If serving chicken only you will want at least 2 leg quarters pp of ones the size that I use. If serving buffet where they can come back for more you mat want to bump that higher but if not then 2 leg quarters makes a good meal. If they are huge you could maybe get by with 1 but I don't like the large ones.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #5
Trailer Trash
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks so much. That makes a lot of sense!