Wow - fantastic! My one attempt at cochinita pibil was a fail, but then again I was following a recipe that was in a book that was more about pretty pictures than actual cooking. That really looks great and makes me want to give it another shot - nicely done!
Thank you gtr. Definitely give it another try. I followed a recipe from Rick Bayless (See link) His recipe calls for 2 6 lb (12lbs) of pork shoulder so you'll need to do a little adjusting but nothing difficult.

http://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/cochinita-pibil/

Also if wrapping it up seems a little difficult (and it kind is) then you can cheat a little by lining a chaffing pan with banana leaves and then putting the pork shoulder in. Cover with the marinade and top with more banana leaves and then aluminum foil which is much easier. (Here I pic of what someone I know from another board did)

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
That has to be one of the most awesome cooks I've seen on this website. This makes me want to try it. Job well done.

Very nice plating. If it tasted half as good as it looked then you won!!!
Thank you Clay-b-que. I more or less made tacos with the fresh tortillas. A nice portion of meat, some beans and rice, some pickled onion and some avo. It was delicious! :becky:

Just amazing. Really beautiful cook a a plate! I would love to try this! Glad the cuts were not worse! Those things are sharp.

Looks fantastic! Also like the idea with the Habbi on the pickles.
Just had that weird idea to do a "Triple Pulled Event"
Pulled Pork, Pulled Jerk Pork and Puerco Pibil on one day :grin:

When I'll do Puerco Pibil, I'll follow Robert Rodriguez "10 min Cooking School"-Recipe. But over the last cooks my family favourites Pollo Pibil. Anyway, more Pork for me, I guess

CIMG2114.JPG

CIMG2115.JPG

CIMG2117.JPG

Back