Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato

robert-r

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
with Avocado.

Local Costco had pork belly back in stock. It's been ages.

mzVOBAh.jpg

This was the best slab I've ever purchased.

QraC3Z7.jpg

These two are cured with Tenderquick, maple syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon. Have been wanting to try it for quite some time.
2 to 1 snake using Weber briquettes and hickory chunks in the XL. Temps around 170*. 2 hour mark.

nTVUnPS.jpg

4 hours and off. IT 145*

5erss31.jpg

This slab is the basic Tenderquick recipe with brown sugar and black pepper. Bumped up temps to 215* (it was getting late and wanted to speed thing up). 2 hour mark.

VHzxLdI.jpg

3 hours/off. IT 145*.

dpiMF1v.jpg

Sliced off some 1/3" rashers.

HtsolGq.jpg

And proceeded to make a sandwich.

sbn0Bvi.jpg

c5cqqwe.jpg

Time To Eat!

zhWPa5i.jpg

The maple syrup, brown sugar/cinnamon cure did not disappoint myself or my wife. It's extraordinary.

This was my first smoke using the XL. Normally I would do this in the 18.5 WSM.
I'm impressed... temps were rock solid. Had almost half the snake left after a 7 hour cook.

Looks fantastic, Robert. The Missus made the exact same lunch for us the other day - it was spectacular!

BLATs are my favorite! I'm waiting for fresh local tomatoes!

Also, try adding some fresh basil!

I am also a big fan. I like to mash up the avocado and spread on the bread to keep it from sliding off. Genius!

Wow! That sandwich looks amazing Robert, It's been a couple of months since I ate bread and that last pic is not making it easy.

Nice! I'd kill for one of those sammiches right now!! How long did you cure your belly? I've got some curing right now

Back