Seasoning my new Hunsaker cans... And some food :) - Pic Heavy

Wow those are some pretty cookers and the cook looks great.

thinking about getting me another can, I have the pbc original which is a kick a$$ smoker, but kinda wanting to try out one of the deluxe cans ( hunsaker or gateway ) what do you think Ron which way should I go ?

thinking about getting me another can, I have the pbc original which is a kick a$$ smoker, but kinda wanting to try out one of the deluxe cans ( hunsaker or gateway ) what do you think Ron which way should I go ?
Since he just spent close to $2500 on 3 Drums?

Hmmm

images

Look great. Which one is your favorite? Moe, Larry or Curly?

Those are some sweet looking drums, Ron. Food looks even better!

I love my PBC as well, but for competitions I wanted something that gave me better control over temp and had more capacity. I doubt you could go wrong with Gateway, Hunsaker or the other higher end drums, but in talking with friends who use (or have used) both, the majority recommended Hunsaker. The bottom intake makes it less vulnerable to wind and the Vortex really seems to make a difference.

I prefer the old style heat shield on ours and the clones we built. I'd bust a nut hefting those Vortex's in and out at a comp.

Great idea on the new shields - just think they'd be better off in the drum and not welded onto the baskets.

Back