Chili Dogs

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Little ditty 'bout Jack and Diane...

I've had the song stuck in my head all day long (and now you will too), 'cause we're making Chili Dogs! (But not behind the Tastee Freez).

No prep pics, but the Chili's homemade. Couple o' different beans, ground beef, ground pork, red pepper, green pepper, Poblano, Jalapeno, onions, garlic, etc. Not overly hot as far as heat is concerned but it had a decent kick thanks to Cayenne, Cumin and Smoked Paprika -

XjCL6gV.jpg

Dogs and buns out on the Weber -

Xy8f0f3.jpg

Not much more to do but plate 'em up with a cold Sammie and some chips -

j0nH5Qk.jpg

8Zxo1Jx.jpg

oxc8MHT.jpg

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of grilling is gone...

Thanks for checking out a quick, easy to prep dinner.

Regards,
-lunchman

You actually didn't need words for this cook, the pictures spoke loud and clear to me! I remember, as a kid, eating chili dogs so messy that I had to have a fork, still do at times, and those look awesome. Nice job, Dom!

Thanks for sharing the great lookin chili dogs. But not so much for the song that is now, as you predicted, in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The question is...do you pick up and eat...or...do you knife and fork?

Me? I always try and pick up and eat.

Love a chili-dog!!

The question is...do you pick up and eat...or...do you knife and fork?

Me? I always try and pick up and eat.

Love a chili-dog!!

I tried to pick up and be neat but had to succumb to the knife and fork. :oops:

Inspiration for these came from Sako's posting a few days back. Those just looked so darn good!

Looks great, Dom.
Now I’ll be headed to the local Safeway singing a little ditty (under my breath, of course)

Koegel Vienna natural casing hot dogs, some Woodward Avenue chili , mustard and some chopped onions , damn good stuff!

Do you have a favorite brand of hot dogs?

These were Market Basket's own Vienna brand natural casing from the deli. Normally, I'll buy their Schonland deli dogs but a sale price did me in. :wink:

Sako's post had me experimenting a few weeks ago with cooking methods. Grilling vs griddling vs steaming vs boiling. The Blackstone was called into duty for the first cook since I was making other items on it. But for the couple of uncooked dogs left over for a lunch, steaming was the choice as it was simple. Much preferred over boiling. Yesterday I fired up the Weber as it started to rain and I wasn't in the mood for standing at the Blackstone.

For me, the griddle is now my number one choice, followed by grilling (indirect), then steaming. How 'bout others?

Who knew cooking hot dogs could be so involved? :-D

Back